Cleaning carpets

Mel

Mar 17, 2007
Visit site
When OH upended a bottle of juice over the soft furnishings and carpets of our last van, we used a similar carpet cleaner (squirts the shampoo and water in then sucks it up again). It did a brilliant job. We took the carpets and cushions out of the van and into the house to do them. Seemed to dry quite quicky
mel

Oct 13, 2010
Visit site
When we brought our bailey orion two years ago, I took the new carpets around to our local carpet shop and he cut some out of a roll end. It cost about £30.00, so after this winter I will take the new carpeets back and get another set cut. When we sell the van we will still have the original set to put back in and this should help us to sell it.

Aug 4, 2004
Visit site
We used our Vax to clean ours about two weeks ago and they came up brilliantly. We did them at home as I don't think it is a good idea to do them in the caravan.

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
Weve used a Henry type cleaner on previous carpets and they come up fine. In our current van the carpets have never been used as we remove them and use Ikea machine washable rugs instead; far more practical.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
I clean the removable carpets in my Bailey with warm water 1001 carpet cleaner ( very cheap ) and a sponge. then put them out in the Sun to dry, if it ever comes out that is.

Aug 5, 2010
Visit site
I used a Bexbissel in a caravan that didnt have removable carpets, and they came up a treat, just make sure that the carpets are really dry, and leave windows slightly open to air the van.

Connie

Jun 20, 2013
Visit site
Its a pity you all dont live nearer me, i have a Karcher carpet/upholstry machine i use at home and on friends cars. on a warmish day i can shampoo the stairs and they are dry to walk on in about 45 mins.

PR

Aug 19, 2010
Visit site
Peter Davenport said:
When we brought our bailey orion two years ago, I took the new carpets around to our local carpet shop and he cut some out of a roll end. It cost about £30.00, so after this winter I will take the new carpeets back and get another set cut. When we sell the van we will still have the original set to put back in and this should help us to sell it.

i like that idea! I think we will do the same!

Mar 24, 2014
Visit site
PR said:
Peter Davenport said:

Top Tip. I'm going for this idea........

Jun 20, 2008
Visit site
Re vaxing the carpets, I see absolutely no problem with vaxing them clean as long as they van be removed from the van. we do it with ours and brings them up like new.

If the carpets are fixed into the van, the water will soak through and could dampen the board underneath, which although the quantity of liquid is only small & will dry pretty quickly so shouldn't really cause any issues, I personally wouldn't do it.

Hope this helps
Cheers
John

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
davedart said:
PR said:
Peter Davenport said:

Not disimilar to us, but we prefer to use machine washable carpets from Ikea, which are cheap hard wearing and can be freshened up after a trip as required.

Top Tip. I'm going for this idea........

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts