cleaning off sticker residue off inside of caravan windows, h...

May 22, 2008
Visit site
hi there,

wonder if anyone has any tips at getting off the residue off the inside of the caravn windows??

our 05 swift challenger was pitched up at a site a couple of years ago and we were asked to display a stuck on pitch booking notice on the front window, which we duly obliged. Trouble is once the notice was taken off the residue off the sticky residue off the pitch notice was left on the window. I'd hate to scratch the window but it looks a real eyesore.

any tips would be appreciated.

cheers

Lisa

Mar 26, 2008
Visit site
Hi Lisa, we had sellotape marks on the window of our caravan where the sold notice was displayed. I tried loads of different stuff to try and shift it, but it woildn't come off.

I eventually bought a product called Ecover from Asda, it is a general cleaning product that is enviromentally friendly, it apparantely contains chalk that acts as an abrasive. It worked a treat on the windows, and left no scratches. Cheers, Roy.

Apr 21, 2007
Visit site
hi if you have mayonnaise in your fridge try rubbing a little on the mark that has been left and then just wipe off with a warm wet cloth. works well on price tags and sellotape. hope this helps

May 7, 2007
Visit site
Hi Lisa,

I had a similar problem when I used grey duct tape to hold a solar panel in place in our skylight. After I took it down it left a sticky residue on the inside of the plastic window, the only thing that would touch it was a little bit of petrol soaked on to a rag and gently rub it in.

I tried every thing befor the petrol, White Spirit, WD40, Thinners, Fairy liquid, you name it I tried it, only petrol worked, if you do use petrol make sure you have pleanty of ventilation and wash the area with soap and water after.

Hope this helps

Graham (Ponty)

Ps Don't smoke while your doing it either

Mar 2, 2007
Visit site
Shop araound and find a product called sticky stuff remover its excellent

Sir Roger
Hi. Re sticky stuff remover, we got ours from "Lakeland" in Windermere when we were staying at Low Park Wood in Kendal. Henry.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts