Cleaning the inside of a double skin skylight?

Apr 28, 2011
Visit site
I dont think there is, i believe the skins are bonded together, mine has dead flies in that i cants get out . i expect someone will come along and give you a tip for cleaning it.

Mar 30, 2012
Visit site
Whitaker1953 said:
How do you clean in between the two plastic faces of a plastic sky light, accessing the inner area seems impossible to reach. Any suggestions please.

Pig of a job, the easiest is to get a replacement but a bit expensive. Remove the top and soak it in a large bowl with soapy water or try an oxiclean type cleaner then rinse well. Mine was so bad hardly any light was getting through so did option 1.

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site
Hi,
If your skylight is a hieki double skin type with the two handles, there are four screws, two above each end of both handles that you can just see from inside the van, you can access them with a screwdriver by moving the handles out of the way slightly, once all the screws are undone, they stay in place and do not drop out, but the clear plastics are now not connected to the frame/handles and just lift off and the two parts are now not connected together so can be washed completely, once washed just sit them back in place above the handles and refit the screws - done!
hope this helps
Steve

Oct 3, 2013
Visit site
I too have thought about how to clean the rooflights,haven't tried it yet but I'm considering using one of these bottle cleaning brushes obtainable from home brew shops,The wire should be flexible enough to go round any curves.
If the bristles on the brush are too long they can always be cut shorter.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts