Cleaning upholstery

May 22, 2016
Visit site
We have a 15 Swift Lifestyle and what with having two cavalier King Charles spaniels and despite our best efforts to keep them off, the beige upholstery is looking a bit grubby and could do with a clean. I see that the covers can be zipped out, so does anyone know if we can put them in the washing machine or dry clean them? Or do you have another idea? Bit loathe to buy new covers

And yes, before we bought it the dealer told us the seats had all been Scotchguarded and wouldn't stain. And I can't believe we believed him. :woohoo:

May 22, 2016
Visit site
Really surprised nobody replied, but there you go.

So in the absence of any help here, I phoned the supplier of the cushions that Swift got them from and asked them. They were really helpful and recommended dry cleaning the covers rather than washing them. So took one to my local dry cleaner and they said they could do them but need to take them out of the foam first of course. They also said a full set of new covers are only c£150. That's for two long four foot seats, two shorter ones and a small two foot square one. Not too bad I thought but will give dry cleaning a go before buying new ones.

Will let you know the result

Dec 11, 2010
Visit site
The covers should have a label, or there should be one with your manuals, giving guidance on how to clean. We use a steamer on ours [not a Swift] and it works fine but I guess it could shrink other covers.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts