CL'S on Isle of Whight

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
It is about time to book our summer 2 week holiday and we would like to go to the Isle of Whight. We want to use a CL site with the caravan club, but we have never stayed at one and are a little apprehensive. We have two children aged 8 and 7 and were wondering if there will be enough for them to do there ie; making new freinds, which they love to do, and whether families use them.There are not many sites to choose from and was wondering if anyone had used the I.O.W CL's if so please recommend one, very grateful. Happy new year.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
I have taken my family to the Isle of Wight many times. Given the age of your children, I would not recommend a CL for a family holiday, unless yours are happy without a swimming pool and possibly without any friends. There's no guarantee that there will be other families on the site at the same time as you. My girls are 9, 12 and 15 and (at the moment) we always go to sites with families and pools, but preferably without organised entertainment and a bar.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Richard , We spent a week on the IOW earlier this year , not at a CL but at the Orchards which is on the the west of the island .

it has its own indoor and outdoor pools and is well sited for Yarmouth or indeed anywhere really. But if you are looking to be right next to the beach you might want to look at Sandown / Shanklin side . The site is of a good standard although some pitches do slope and the cost including the ferry was very resonable , plus you can be virtually guaranteed families , our daughter made lots of friends as the site also takes tents as well as vans.

Rgds Pip & Helen

ROY

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
I cannot recomend a cl,but can recomend southland caravan park.www.southland.co.uk.good deals on the ferry included in price,not all singing and dancing but all facilities good and clean .We have stayed twice in the last 3 years during august,their were children of the age you mention staying on site.Site is close to Sandown so you are near to the beech/seaside attractions. local pub 8 mins walk away who allow children,and 2 further mins away a nice level cycle track,you can go in both directions.If you want any further info please leave a message with email contact etc.You will enjoy the I.O.W wherever you stay.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Can't recommend one, but can un-recommend one. Perreton Farm near Newport (CC). Far too many units on, very slopey, bit like scrap yard in places. There was one just down the road, which was beautiful, but unfortunately, didn't take children. If I were going again I would use one of the actual club sites instead.

Apr 24, 2005
Visit site
I cannot recomend a cl,but can recomend southland caravan park.www.southland.co.uk.good deals on the ferry included in price,not all singing and dancing but all facilities good and clean .We have stayed twice in the last 3 years during august,their were children of the age you mention staying on site.Site is close to Sandown so you are near to the beech/seaside attractions. local pub 8 mins walk away who allow children,and 2 further mins away a nice level cycle track,you can go in both directions.If you want any further info please leave a message with email contact etc.You will enjoy the I.O.W wherever you stay.
We have just stayed at Southland for Easter and it was very enjoyable. The toilet/shower facilities were the best we have had. The only drawback was the shop was only opened for a short while and the dog walk was limited. Get a pitch away from the road and it will be quieter. The food at the local pubs was excellent. We will definately be going back. Price we paid included the ferry fee - bargain. There is a play park for the children.

All grey water goes to watering the trees/hedges around the site. Wardens extremely friendly and helpful.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts