Apr 1, 2006
Visit site
Hi all, We are lovers of the smaller quieter CL's.The sort of place that when you arrive after a long journey, you turn the engine off, get out of the car and the quiet is the first thing you notice and all you can hear is nature, a babbling brook, bird song or the breeze in the trees. Suggestions please? The term quiet in the CC club book seems to be variable! If you can hear cars going by or even worse a motorway-IT AINT QUIET!

Mar 21, 2008
Visit site
Hi Merve,

Whereabouts in the country do you want to go?

If you're in both clubs I know a nice CS (quiet, babbling brook etc) in Dorset.

If you're not too bothered about the babbling brook I know a nice CL in Dorset as well!

How about a nice CL on Bodmin moor? (no brook again)

Apr 1, 2006
Visit site
Hi Merve,

Whereabouts in the country do you want to go?

If you're in both clubs I know a nice CS (quiet, babbling brook etc) in Dorset.

If you're not too bothered about the babbling brook I know a nice CL in Dorset as well!

How about a nice CL on Bodmin moor? (no brook again)
Hi Rupert, Thanks for reply. I'll go just about anywhere if the rewards are there! I ask cos there will be some folk who remember a particuar site for its peace & quiet - having said that- they probably won't say cos thats how they want to keep it eh?

Mar 21, 2008
Visit site
A lovely site, hidden away and next to a river, is West Lea, in Beaminster. It's a CS (C&CC).

The CL, in Dorset, that I was referring to is actually, as I've just realised, also a CS! It is Riverside in Bridport (actually Whitchurch Canonicorum).

That was lovely. It was near the road (but the road was a quiet lane), and there was no river, but it was nice to watch te cows going to and fro and to be woken by the cockerel crowing in the morning.

The CL on Bodmin moor is Cheeswring Farm, in Liskeard. That one IS a CL! Very quiet with direct access to the moor.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts