CLUB MEMBERS

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
On the assumption that most of us are members of either one of the two main clubs that are frequently getting thrashed on this forum, why do you we insist on letting our views be known to every where other than the clubs concerned and where every one else can see our grumblings.

If we have a complaint or gripe, surely its only going to get put right if the powers that be in the relevant club are told of it and more importantly told of the problem very soon after it occurs. I'm all for letting me feelings be known good or bad, but since the Clumber Park and Chatsworth strings I've come to the conclusion that all we are doing is airing our dirty washing in public.

If we all contacted our clubs and aired our views directly to them we all might benefit. I am in the process of writing to the CC to suggest a forum run by only allowing access where a current membership number is quoted.

If we all wrote , emailed or phoned our respective clubs we may just begin to truely get value for money !

Thanks

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi Neil, I take your point about contacting the clubs direct with regard to complaints or otherwise. I am one of the CC's greatest fans but after a disappointing stay at Hillhead I not only wrote and told them but I aired my views on this forum. I don't see this as an 'in house' issue to be kept among members. If I particularly like or dislike a place then I'll share my views with others. It is after all, just my opinion and readers can make up their own minds. What is certain is that a lot of notice is taken of what is said on this site and collectively we can exert pressure and affect change. Long may it last. Best Wishes, George T.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Neil, I do agree! We are members of the CCC, and although we find the club useful in many ways - overseas travel, magazine, sites and information about sites, we have long suffered at the hands of overbearing and unhelpful site wardens (or holiday site managers, as our lot like to be called!).

There are two reasons why we have not in the past complained. The first is that we are concerned about our treatment on any return visit to a club site, if we have made an official complaint. Secondly, the club magazine is always full of letters singing the praises of said HSMs, with scarcely a negative word. We had therefore come to the conclusion that it was only us who suffered in this way and that we were seriously out of step!

The discussions on this board have given me confidence that it is 'not just us', and I have every intention of making my views known on the next occasion when I receive an unnecessarily negative response, or downright rudeness. This seems to be a problem affecting both main clubs, so I think the only answer is for members of both to begin to demand that the clubs should be run for the benefit of members, rather than, as seems to be the present case, to ensure the least possible trouble for site staff. Let's give it a go!

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Neil, I'm joining your club! We have been members of the CCC since 1987, but have just about had enough of rude and unheplful site staff - HQ staff are another matter, I have no complaints at all about them.

We have put up with this for so long for two main reasons - firstly, we have been genuinely concerned that if we made a complaint we would suffer the consequences on any future visits to a club site. Secondly, the club magazine is so full of praise for wardens (or Holiday Site Managers, as they now call themselves), that we really thought we were the ones out of step. This forum has convinced me that we are not a 'difficult' minority, but very much the mainstream.

When we first began, we had a young family, and thought that it was just a case of those running the sites not being very sympathetic to people younger than themselves. We are now very much the middle-aged couple, but still do not seem to be the sort of people most of these 'managers' want on their sites. Time we all told them who the Clubs belong to, I think! I certainly intend to make my voice heard in future. No more 'Mrs Nice'!

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
hi all,i am 45 with 2 teenagers and looked at most club sites around scotland when touring and always feel not wanted on there site by the wardens,am a member of both clubs and always get a better welcome on commercial sites which is usually cheeper anyway.i am thinking of not renewing my membership of both as it is not worth it.why be in a club,no benefits

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
hi neil

i have used the c&cc sites for four years now and can honestly say i have had no reason to complain about the sites or managers perhaps you have been unlucky bill

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Both clubs have excellent web sites but neither have forums for members to aire there views.

I am sure that if they offered this facility members would use it.

Come on Caravan Club & Camping & Caravanning Club how about it?

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts