'Club together'

Page 2 - Passionate about caravans & motorhome? Join our community to share that passion with a global audience!
Aug 4, 2004
Visit site
DianneT said:
I think it is a wonderful idea and hope it works well.

I don't think any one is disputing that, but why should we be the guinea pigs for any new system that is over complicated with stupid things like the star system.

Jan 19, 2008
Visit site
Surfer said:
DianneT said:
I think it is a wonderful idea and hope it works well.

I don't think any one is disputing that, but why should we be the guinea pigs for any new system that is over complicated with stupid things like the star system.
We can't really complain especially as we aren't, like this forum, paying for the use of it. Regarding guinea pigs all software developers use people this way as testers. If you want you can go and download the next version of Windows 8 beta free of charge.
Even after software as been released as a paid for version there are bugs which the developers fix and you download as a patch to correct the problem.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Sorry LB, but those of us who are CC members are effectively paying to use it through our subs. I would have preferred to see a 'no frills' version thoroughly tested for things like registration, log on, posting before adding the beels and whistles stuff. CC has plenty of members who would have taken part in beta testing is asked, and it is annoying to see more scare resources being expended for putting right things which should have been well specified and tested before launch.
The whole tenor of this thread seems to be one of welcome and support for the idea but some disappointment that the result is so obviously in need of much refinement.

Aug 2, 2006
Visit site
I spoke to Nick Lomas, Club DG today about the site and he says that it is proving very popular but that the club has not advertised it yet as they want to make sure it is working properly before making an effort to drive traffic.

Have had a look around and it looks nice, but I can't imagine the Club will let things get too spicy in the threads!

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Nigel Donnelly said:
I spoke to Nick Lomas, Club DG today about the site and he says that it is proving very popular but that the club has not advertised it yet as they want to make sure it is working properly before making an effort to drive traffic.

Have had a look around and it looks nice, but I can't imagine the Club will let things get too spicy in the threads!
Nigel
The trouble is any attempt to sanitise the forum would destroy the purpose of the project as I understand it. I am sure there are some that worry that it will become just an online version of the letters page in the CC magazine. However talking to the people concerned that is not their objective and they understand that what people say online is often very different from what they might write in a letter. I have to say that no attempt thus far has been made to banish what might be thought of as controversal topics. I would expect that they will try and stamp out any personal battles that do seem to go on in some forums. It is very much in its early days and there are still quite a few technical issues to overcome but then all forums go through that.

David

Aug 9, 2010
Visit site
I've just registered, and must admit that I find it a bit complex and "bitty". But I am old,( Just had another birthday last week - time marcheth on!) so I'll give it time to settle in the old brainbox.

Dec 24, 2011
Visit site
I have joined all the caravan message boards I could find (new to caravanning!) and while I have no favourite at the moment, I find Caravan Times seems to be more popular. But like all things, tomorrow it might be another board which has the hot topics. I enjoy reading all the boards out there and more importantly, I have learned a lot
smiley-smile.gif

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts