Coachman 2007 Model - Is my memory failing!!

Oct 25, 2006
Visit site
Could I please ask for assistance from Coachman owners on a really 'Vctor Meldrew' issue.
I have a VIP 460/2 2007 model. At the back end of last year under warranty the dealer replaced the front 'plastic' panel due to water ingress arising from a small split in the panel between the front windows and the aluminium joining strip with the roof section.
After collection from the dealer on the 18th December the van has been covered during the winter period. Getting ready for our first outing and a bit anorackish cleaning out the internal panels in the front lockerbefore reinstalling the gas cylinders, I came across what I thought to be a change to the inside front locker construction.
I might well be dreaming, put it down to a senior moment and advancing years, but I was 'convinced' that the road lights had their connections and bulb holders covered by a sort of 'light pod' for providing protection from any possible damage when taling items out of the locker. The re-fitted light do not have these 'light pods'. The are bare and you can see the rear end of the bulbs and holders with the spade connections attached; making them I feel vulnerable to potential damage when extracting any items from the front locker.
I have spocken to two Coachman dealers and ended up with conflicting information. Before taking the matter further could Coachman owners of 2007 models look inside the fron lockers and tell me if on the inside, the front road lights are covered and thus protected.
It would be helpful if any replies could give the year and model of their Coachman.
Many thanks in anticipation.

Nov 9, 2006
Visit site
Bernard
I have a 2007 Coachman Amara 550/5.
I can confirm the rear of the front road lights inside the front locker, are covered by a quite large white "dome".
I too have just been advised at the 4th anniversary service (at the start of Feb) of a split from the middle of the rain channel to the top of the front window. Causing ~50% damp measurement. Van is going back to Coachman in Hull for new front panel to be fitted.
I can adise you if you wish, after the van has been returned (date to be confirmed with Coachman) if the front lights are covered or not when the front panel has been replaced.
Regards
Wombat

Oct 25, 2006
Visit site
Wombat
I am very, very apppreciative of you responding to my request. Naturally I am extremely sorry that you too have encountered a similar problem and wish you well in a succesful repair.
My caravan was away for some five weeks as when the front panel was removed the water damage was far worse than initially thought by the dealer and more 'parts' had to be ordered from Coachman. The split was discovered by me when I was on a small platform cleaning the front roof area. The split had missed the annual inspection some three months earlier. I am firmly of the view that this failure occured due to some error in assemble at the construction stage.
Would not only be interested in hearing from you further in respect of the light domes over the inside of the road lights, i.e. whether they are there with the replacement or not, but would also like to know why your dealer did not carry out the repair and how the return to Coachman themselves was arranged.
Currently I am in correspondence with Coachman regarding their warranty cover in respect of the repaired area and if the repaired area is covered and for how long. Not too succesfully I might add, but giving the benefit of the doubt, I am assuming the delay in responding is due to representative concerned being tied up at Birmingham exhibition and will eventually reply
I do have to say that this experience has left me rather bruised and disillusioned on Coachmans claims for build quality and reliability.
Looking forward to hearing further from you.

Nov 9, 2006
Visit site
Bernard
I would prefer to discuss any further issues with you about this in private by e-mail exchange if you agree?
Could you request one of the moderators to forward your e-mail address to me so that we may discuss further.
regards
Wombat

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts