Coachman Back Panel Bonding Advice Please

KGr

Oct 4, 2024
Visit site
Hi all Happy Friday
I would really appreciate some advice regarding a back panel fix for a 2024 Coachman caravan. The back panel is overly flexible and Coachman have acknowledged this. Coachman say the back panel hasn't been bonded properly and if this was addressed the tension in the panel would return to what is normal. Does anyone have any experience of this and would a new back panel factory fitted or the repair fix done in the factory be a better long term solution. The dealer has said as it stands at the minute it shouldn't cause any problems if we leave it as is.
Is this a big issue really or a minor one, I don't know are there any longer term issues that might arise from this.
Poor quality I feel from Coachman who advertise 'caravans being rigorously tested and fully bonded'
Many Thanks

Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
Hi all Happy Friday
I would really appreciate some advice regarding a back panel fix for a 2024 Coachman caravan. The back panel is overly flexible and Coachman have acknowledged this. Coachman say the back panel hasn't been bonded properly and if this was addressed the tension in the panel would return to what is normal. Does anyone have any experience of this and would a new back panel factory fitted or the repair fix done in the factory be a better long term solution. The dealer has said as it stands at the minute it shouldn't cause any problems if we leave it as is.
Is this a big issue really or a minor one, I don't know are there any longer term issues that might arise from this.
Poor quality I feel from Coachman who advertise 'caravans being rigorously tested and fully bonded'
Many Thanks
Make sure you put your concerns in writing to a dealer so that you have proof at a later stage should the situation get worse. When did you take delivery of the caravan?

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
Nice comment by Coachman who are generally thought to be somewhat higher quality than other British makes. Hopefully they never decide to branch out into aero composites as most wings already look too flexible for my liking. Not knowing what a repair could involve I think I would prefer a whole new panel installed. this should not be happening in 2024, after all complete rear panels are not new.

Reactions: Hutch
Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
Thanks for replying. It was March 2024
When did you contact them about the issue as the caravan could still be within the 6 month CRA 2015 window? The 6 month window from date of delivery allows you to give the dealer one chance at a repair before rejecting the caravan or claiming compensation. In this case as the issue was there from day one, you will have no difficulty with a claim even after 6 months.

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
I would go with a new panel , done by Coachman in Hull. I had a new rear panel on my 560 /4 done in 2016, and they totally resealed all joints. Battery box toilet cassette box etc.

Reactions: otherclive

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts