COACHMAN VIP OR LUNAR CLUBMAN SE

Apr 3, 2005
Visit site
Hi all, we are looking round for a new caravan.....we have narrowed it down to the above two, any suggestions on either model would be greatly appreciated!

Thank you in anticipation..Andrew & Sally.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
we bought the clubman,love it,no major problems.the alde heating is a must......no comparison to truma.the bed is the best we have slept in...shower is great...really cant fault the van at all we are reall pleased we bought it.

Mar 24, 2009
Visit site
Hi, I think there's very little between them depending which model etc. Probably comes down to the colour of the upholstery in the end and the best deal you can get.

I have a VIP and am very pleased with it, everything works and everything fits and generally the workmanship is very good.

A small plus point for me is the roof will stand your weight, handy for cleaning, not sure if it is the same for Lunar.

I have visited the Coachman factory and was very impressed with people and the culture of the workforce.

Perhaps look at some older vans and see how they have worn after a year or so.

Comes down to personal choice in the end.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
hi,

same thoughts as martin originally,coachman have a good name,build quality is excellent,and we had every intention of buying one....but alas we looked at the lunar clubman se too......sorry....lunar wins on all accounts,especially the heating system,believe me this is far superior to the truma blown air system.a system that all top of the range caravans should incorporate. we also thought the build quality was better and the lay out just spot on.everyone to their own,but on this occasion lunar definately come out on top.

Apr 3, 2005
Visit site
hi,

same thoughts as martin originally,coachman have a good name,build quality is excellent,and we had every intention of buying one....but alas we looked at the lunar clubman se too......sorry....lunar wins on all accounts,especially the heating system,believe me this is far superior to the truma blown air system.a system that all top of the range caravans should incorporate. we also thought the build quality was better and the lay out just spot on.everyone to their own,but on this occasion lunar definately come out on top.
Hi Jacky, we agree, we had a swift conqueror last year with the Alde heating......we loved it!

This has swung it for us, but we dont know whether to buy know or wait for a 2011 model in october!

regards Andrew & Sally

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi Jacky, we agree, we had a swift conqueror last year with the Alde heating......we loved it!

This has swung it for us, but we dont know whether to buy know or wait for a 2011 model in october!

regards Andrew & Sally
hi,

you may not have a choice but wait till 2011,lunar have had an unpresidented order book for thr clubman range,as well as other ranges.it will be worth waiting for.

Sep 11, 2007
Visit site
We bought the Lunar because the bed is narrower in the Coachman (need the space!) and in the long term if we have to down size the towcar for any reason the Lunar is lighter than the Coachman so better choice of car!

The Lunar is great.

Jan 17, 2009
Visit site
We have a coachman vip 2004.We bought it second hand and have now had it 2 years.So it is now 6 years old and it still looks good as new.The seating furniture ,bed is immaculate and shows no signs of sagging etc.We are very pleased with the quality and the build of the van.When it comes to changing it ,it ll be another Coachman.

Feb 16, 2009
Visit site
Just bought the Lunar SE first trip everything worked brilliantly, looked at the Coachman where we bought the lunar from at Leisure sales, not a patch on the lunar, plus the Coachman still uses steel screws where most manufacturers are on Stainless Steel, the blinds are still of the plane type not the pleated type but l have to admit if the lunar se was not available l would have gone for the Coachman after having 2 Swift products which always had faults to rectify.

I agree with Annie the Aldi heating is brilliant, which also gives you more cupboard space, so is the end Bathroom in the lunar, only one disappointment no clock and on a 19k Caravan l would have thought lunar could have provided one somewhere, we have to use the microwave one.

What with the ATC , suspension dampers to the wheels and the low weight of the lunar makes it a dream to tow.

Heethers

Jun 17, 2011
Visit site
Don't know the Lunar but have a 2009 vip 535. This is our fourth van and by far the best. Build quality is superb. Had two problems- sink tap adrift and led on fridge not working. Both fixed by dealer very willingly- apparently coachman pay the proper rates for warranty work. Bed is as good as the one at home! Possibly heavier than the lunar.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts