Hi, we are contemplating buying a Coachman Vip 530 with fixed bed, and would appreciate any information anyone can give on the build quality, or any other information on this caravan.Don't know much about Coachman!

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
We have a coachman wanderer (Dealer special based upon the amara) bought when it was 1 year old so far the only critisms are nose weight,Control switches seem to be every where rather than in one position, and the hot water tank and pipework under the fixed bed seem to take up a lot of space. Hope this helps

Thanks for your message, unsure what amount of noseweight you mean, we will be towing ours with a Land Rover Discovery so this should not be a problem. From what I can remember all the controls and its panel are above the door.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
We have a Coachman Pastiche 500/5 which we got new a year ago. Its our first caravan and we've been delighted with it. Its going in for its first service in a few weeks - we haven't had any great problems with it at all.

Pam

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
We have just changed our 'van. We had a Coachman Laser 590/4. It was a really well made 'van which after we had used for about 190 nights over the 3 years, the interior was like new. Only problems were; (1) wire veg. rack support came off, we left it and just used the cupboard. (2) shower "glass" door would not remain closed when towing. We were very disappointed that we could not find a layout to suit us in the Coachman range. I understand that Coachman are to expand and new models will be developed. You have a very strong and sound 'van; enjoy it. happy travels. BarryB

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
We have recently bought a Coachman Amara (Golden Festival) Special Edition from Glossop Cravans.

Like you we knew very little about Coachman before we bought but did extensive research and looked at loads of vans before choosing this. Practically everyone I have ever spoken to thinks Coachmans are good vans with excellent build quality and I have to say that we are delighted with our new van.

Coachman provide a lot of van for the money and on delivery we went through our van with the proverbial 'fine tooth comb'. As yet we still haven't found anything wrong.

There are, of course, rogue vans in any batch and it can happen to anyone but so far we are really made up with our choice and firmly beleive we couldn't have chosen a better van. Time may prove us wrong but to date I couldn't be happier.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Thanks for your message, unsure what amount of noseweight you mean, we will be towing ours with a Land Rover Discovery so this should not be a problem. From what I can remember all the controls and its panel are above the door.
suggest you check the on-the-ball weight for the Disco. Mine was only 75KG which was not really enough for the Pastiche 520/4 at 1500kg giving only just 5%. I now tow with MB 270 which will take 135kg and I use around 95kg. noseweight with perfect stability (no stabiliser)

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts