Coat hangers falling of rails in wardrobes

Jun 29, 2020
Visit site
We have a 2018 lunar ultima 523 on holiday last year when we arrived at our destination we found all the clothes still on their hangers in the bottom of the wardrobes does anyone know of a solution?

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
We have a 2018 lunar ultima 523 on holiday last year when we arrived at our destination we found all the clothes still on their hangers in the bottom of the wardrobes does anyone know of a solution?

I have sections of foam pipe insulation that I place onto the rail. They hold the hangars in place very well.

Reactions: Yorkie53
Oct 12, 2016
Visit site
You can buy hangers designed for caravan rails which have a bar that closes the gap.Alternatively hangers are available with a ring rather than a hook like in hotels.
we use the pipe lagging technique. Our previous Lunar had a length of bungee in a spiral along the hanging rail which would help.

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
You can buy hangers designed for caravan rails which have a bar that closes the gap.Alternatively hangers are available with a ring rather than a hook like in hotels.
we use the pipe lagging technique. Our previous Lunar had a length of bungee in a spiral along the hanging rail which would help.

I looked at the Caravan specific hangars and apart from price they struck me as unnecessary weight compared to the pipe insulation approach.

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
We use the ring you put on for curtains that have a little loop that the coat hangers go through. Work well. Buy from Dunelms.

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
I brought the hotel type hangers the ones you can"t pinch got them from ebay took rail down threaded the hangers no trouble since .

Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
We always remove any hanging clothes and lay them on the bed when travelling, but generally all clothes go back in the bag which is then placed in the vehicle as we are very close to our MTPLM.

Jun 30, 2020
Visit site
We find if you put your hangers hanging in alternative direction I.e one hook inward one hook outward

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
If your wardobe rails are basically flat with rounded corners rather than circular, try this. I have on a van with wardrobes right at the back and it works well.
Remove rhe rail and drill a hole M6 or smaller through the centre
of the faces. Insert hex headed blod from rear to front such that a few inches of thread point out towards you. Secure with a nyloc nut.
Then take a length of aluminium angle just shotrt from the rail and drill one M6 clearance hold in the centre of one web at the mid point, i.e . where it will fit over the protruding bold. Put clothes on hangers on the rail, then fin the angle plate over the bolt such that the other web goes over the top of the hangers on rail. Then put onto thread split washer and plain washer and follow ith wing nut. screw down tight and nothing will ever fall off the rail.
The rail will probably have end fittings which are open at the top, and it is quite possiblr for the entire rail to dislodge. Prevent this with a suitable cable tie round each fitting pulled up tight.
Happy for any one to copy, but this is notification of design copyright commercially. ( this last may attract some comment about the correct warning which I look forward to reading)

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
If your wardobe rails are basically flat with rounded corners rather than circular, try this. I have on a van with wardrobes right at the back and it works well.
of the faces. Insert hex headed blod from rear to front such that a few inches of thread point out towards you. Secure with a nyloc nut.
Then take a length of aluminium angle just shotrt from the rail and drill one M6 clearance hold in the centre of one web at the mid point, i.e . where it will fit over the protruding bold. Put clothes on hangers on the rail, then fin the angle plate over the bolt such that the other web goes over the top of the hangers on rail. Then put onto thread split washer and plain washer and follow ith wing nut. screw down tight and nothing will ever fall off the rail.
The rail will probably have end fittings which are open at the top, and it is quite possiblr for the entire rail to dislodge. Prevent this with a suitable cable tie round each fitting pulled up tight.
Happy for any one to copy, but this is notification of design copyright commercially. ( this last may attract some comment about the correct warning which I look forward to reading)

Think I will stick with my tubular foam insulation . But it’s certainly an imaginative approach that you have produced.

Jun 29, 2020
Visit site
Hi it sounds like a good idea I will have a look thanks

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts