Coil Spring Assister kit

Mar 15, 2006
Visit site
We recently bought these springs in a pair from Towsure.We have now fitted them, one on each side of the car.

I was speaking to my father about these springs (he used to tow when I was a child) and he thought that they both had to go on the same side opposite one another. Is he correct, and should I have bought another packet?

Nov 6, 2005
Visit site
There are many sorts of "coil spring assisters"

There's air-assisted dampers, additional springs, plastic ballons, plastic coil separators and small metal coil separators.

The small metal coil separators should come in a kit of four so that one is fitted each side of each rear coil spring.

The others should come in a kit of two with one fitted each side.

It depends what type your father is recalling.

I use MAD additional springs - excellent for towing or carrying a reasonable load but the rear rides a bit high when empty.

May 18, 2006
Visit site
Tried the ballons and they were ok (had to be pumped up when towing).

Tried the spring assistors which is a big rubber coil that fits inside the spring. OK for towing but made the back of the car bouncy when solo. Also a bit of a pig to fit!

Mar 15, 2006
Visit site
Hi both

Thanks for your reply, the ones we bought from Towsure have no name on them.I spoke with hubby it work just now and he says that they fit comfortably.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts