Combi Awnings

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Has anyone any experience of a combi awning thats a full awning smaller than the van and cut to fit like a porch on just one end with a porch pole and seperate pad to fit to caravan .What i need to know is were to cut the cord ?

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
I belive you do not cut the cord but open the awning channel groove at the apropriate point.do not know for shure, but recall reading about it. try the isabella web page, they even have vidios which you can download showing erecting proccess.[nearly put erection problems].

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
I belive you do not cut the cord but open the awning channel groove at the apropriate point.do not know for shure, but recall reading about it. try the isabella web page, they even have vidios which you can download showing erecting proccess.[nearly put erection problems].
Thanks for that Hugh will have a look no matter wich erection bound to have trouble

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Bill,

Depending on what make of combi you buy, it is different. Newer Isabellas look like combis but are really a normal porch type roof. Older ones you did have to measure and then cut the bead. I wouldn't recommend opening the awning rail up for two reasons; it looks a mess and will never straighten properly again and, if you don't cut the bead, the downward pressure will cause the gap to widen and the roof will pull out of the rail - especially if it is windy. It takes a bit of courage to cut the bead, but it does look and fit better and doesn't damage the look of the 'van.

As abve, some versions look like you have to cut the bead / open the rail but they are really a conventional porch type roof in disguise.

Neal

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Neal cut beading and it looks and fits ok Nr President was used as the doner awning and am pleased with it got 12ft awning on twin axle much better than big porh.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts