Competition time.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Ok, while on my way home chuckling to myself over a few of the contributions made by certain members recently (a sure sign of advancing senility?), I though it about time to get some of those cells that live with free rent in my head on the job. So It's competition time! Before I start, this is not my own work but stollen from a game called Dingbats. Some of you may be familiar with the game but for those that are not I shall explain. The game is very similar to that TV series hosted by Roy Walker where Mr chips gave visible clues to a well known saying, so I will give you a clue (please remember the limitations of the media we are using) to a saying or word, it is up to you to guess what that saying is. To give an example,

Q1. EKORTS

Answer. Backstroke

Q2. MONA LISA 123

Answer. Painting by numbers

Q3. ImprovementImprovement ImprovementImprovement

Answer. Room for improvement

Ok, now that you have the mentality for the game, we can start.

10 clues to 10 sayings/words a point each for the first 8 clues 2 points for questions 9 and 10 (they will be a little harder)

Answers tomorrow if anyone joins in....

Q1. REDNAH

Q2. MAIL MALE

Q3. AGEERA

Q4. MIL1ION

Q5. OFTEN OFTEN NOT

Q6. IMPOSSIBL

Q7. GIVE GIVE GIVE GIVE GET GET GET GET

Q8. ROOD

Q9. SUGESTION

Q10. CONTRO

Good luck with those and remember, "say what you see".

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Slightly better thanks Lol, it's something I've suffered with for years, an occupational hazard after working in heavy engineering all of my life
It's knees and backs in our trade, a problem when you work at ground level so much of the time. It's a young mans game really but I'm not going to tell my boss that. I can see it all now, we all turn up at the meet and everyone is wearing bandages, slings and eye patches, oh what a sight! Youth is wasted on the young.

;o)

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
We need idea's for evening entertainment at the meet Brian. have a think about it and post it in the normal forum (keep it clean...ish) and I'll check on your homework in the morning. It's bed time for me, you should get on earlier Brian!

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
It died a silent death but here's the answers anyway.......

1. Backhander.

2. Postman.

3. Time after time.

4. One in a million.

5. More often than not.

6. Almost impossible.

7. Forgive and forget.

8. back door

9. Improper suggestion.

10.In complete control.

12 points. Did it take you long to dig out your own Dingbats?

8-10 points. Well done, go buy the game and amaze others!

4-8 points. Not bad, at least your honest.

0-4 points. Go and buy the game, then you can ask the questions instead.....like me.

May 4, 2005
Visit site
It died a silent death but here's the answers anyway.......

1. Backhander.

2. Postman.

3. Time after time.

4. One in a million.

5. More often than not.

6. Almost impossible.

7. Forgive and forget.

8. back door

9. Improper suggestion.

10.In complete control.

12 points. Did it take you long to dig out your own Dingbats?

8-10 points. Well done, go buy the game and amaze others!

4-8 points. Not bad, at least your honest.

0-4 points. Go and buy the game, then you can ask the questions instead.....like me.
6 ,at least Im honest

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts