Computer Problems

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi - a semi literate computer user needs help. On logging on the MSN home page appears as before. However at the top of the page is a bar with "File Edit View Favourites ..... etc." to the left. Until recently there was a second bar with, from memory, topics to the right such as "mail, the messenger symbol (two people) etc." This bar has disappeared and I now cannot gain access to my e-mails, messenger, etc. The last bar has the programme name to the left eg Practical Caravan - the online etc. and to the right is "home fresh print page tools. How can I get the missing bar back or onto e-mails/messenger/etc. as previous.

Any help would be gratefully accepted.

Jul 5, 2005
Visit site
Hi Colin

if you hold the pointer over the bar you CAN see (File, Edit, etc.) and right-click, you will get a list of toolbars available to you with ticks next to the ones that are currently visible. left-click on the one you think it might be and it should re-appear - you may have to repeat this process a couple of times to get the one you want back.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Please help - I have tried various ways of getting back on to e-mails and messenger but all to no avail. Thanks Fubar for your help but unfortunately it did not work. I have heard that it is possible to go into management and back date the system as previous. If this is possible how do I do it. I should imagine that my e-mail box is now bursting at the seams so any advice/help would be very much appreciated.

Parksy

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
Hi Colin

At the top of the webpage will be

File Edit View Favourites Tools Help.

Left click on View and then left click on Toolbars at the top of the drop down menu that will appear.

Hover your cursor over Toolbars and another drop down menu will appear.

This is the one that will show the ticks mentioned by Fubar.

Left click the ones without ticks until you get back the set up that you had before.

Aug 1, 2007
Visit site
Colin you mean "Restore"

Start.. All programmes .. Accessories .. System tools .. Restore

Then restore your computer to a earlier time

Hope this helps

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Thanks to all who have submitted help to my problem. Lo and behold my brother called this evening and somehow or other managed to connect me back onto e-mails but as of yet I have not tried messanger. Once again thank you all.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts