Consumer Rights Act 2015 does work๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
Our domestic carpet shampooed purchased on line from a famous manufacturer 18 months ago failed again this week. It previously failed 10 months ago. Under guarantee I had to return it using supermarket boxes origami for collection by the couriers. It was returned within a few days allegedly fixed and working.
Not used it much this year . Until this week it failed again. Same fault.
Reported the latest problem and asked to pack it up and courier it back for fixing.

Stopped them there. No way. This machine imo has an inherent latent defect fault that has happened again in a very short space of time . I mentioned CRA on the phone. Put on hold for ten minutes.
Tomorrow a brand new model will be delivered and next week I can return the old one. No quibble and excellent customer service.

Basically if the one chance to repair doesnโ€™t work then a replacement is the correct solution.
Not quite so simple with cars or caravans although I am sure Buckman has all the knowledge and T shirts.

Anyway a good result for us and worthy of a good write up for the Company concerned๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
We have excellent service from Vax, carpet cleaner 4 years old, 5 year warranty, youngest son borrowed it and it broke, took it to Dunstable depot, they said it would be repaired if possible, two days later New machine and New receipt for another 5 years. Arrived, No mention of CRA. Stuff.

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
We have excellent service from Vax, carpet cleaner 4 years old, 5 year warranty, youngest son borrowed it and it broke, took it to Dunstable depot, they said it would be repaired if possible, two days later New machine and New receipt for another 5 years. Arrived, No mention of CRA. Stuff.
Same firm , no quibbles but it needed a little nudge๐Ÿ˜‰

Reactions: Hutch
Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
Some years ago we had a Bex Bissal. But it wasnโ€™t that good. So we use hired Rug Doctors which are effective but hard work. Seeing the latest adverts for Vax carpet cleaners they look quite good. Mrs OC has been taking a close interest. Are they effective, as Christmas is coming up?

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
They are very effective, I like the idea of the latest brush bar being, one long one rotating, our one, has more like 6 rotating ones that "scrub " the carpet. It has different setting for different carpets and floor types. Fluids expensive but effective. Amazing how dirty the carpets can be. Great for the caravan.

Reactions: otherclive
Jun 16, 2020
Visit site
Some years ago we had a Bex Bissal. But it wasnโ€™t that good. So we use hired Rug Doctors which are effective but hard work. Seeing the latest adverts for Vax carpet cleaners they look quite good. Mrs OC has been taking a close interest. Are they effective, as Christmas is coming up?
We have one the same model as Hutch. Works well, very effective. I did see a TV comparison in which a Bex Bissal won. But we have no complaints with the Vax.

John

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
Mrs OC has been taking a close interest. Are they effective, as Christmas is coming up?
Our old Bex Bissell was heavy and cumbersome. Then replaced with the previousVax model which lasted ten years and performed well.

The new Platinum Power Max is lighter. It has two sets of brushes , roller ones at the front six circular rotating ones at the rear. As Hutch said they do give the carpet a good scrub.

Their Vax solution is not cheap but judging by the colour of the waste water it must be very effective.
Nothing is perfect but as experienced by me and Hutch their after sales service is excellent. Powrtouch comes to mind! And it is a best buy in Which?
Choose the model that best suits your needs.

Would I buy another? Yes๐Ÿ‘

Last edited:

Mel

Mar 17, 2007
Visit site
Also have a Vax and find it very good. We get fluid off Amazon which is compatible but not Vax own brand. Works well.Our brushes get a bit clogged with dog hair ( border collie) and need cleaning after use.

Reactions: otherclive
Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
Our old Bex Bissell was heavy and cumbersome. Then replaced with the previousVax model which lasted ten years and performed well.

The new Platinum Power Max is lighter. It has two sets of brushes , roller ones at the front six circular rotating ones at the rear. As Hutch said they do give the carpet a good scrub.

Their Vax solution is not cheap but judging by the colour of the waste water it must be very effective.
Nothing is perfect but as experienced by me and Hutch their after sales service is excellent. Powrtouch comes to mind! And it is a best buy in Which?
Choose the model that best suits your needs.

Would I buy another? Yes๐Ÿ‘
When I do the downstairs carpets with a commercial Rug Doctor I use the dirty water as compost ๐Ÿ˜ฑ
But thanks everyone for the useful input.

• Haha
Reactions: Hutch
Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
Good point. Just checked , Vax solutions are also bio degradable, Reminds why my Grand dad sprayed his plants with soapy water ๐Ÿ˜‰
The original eco friendly bug killer. I still do likewise as a hand me down from grandad and dad. Even keep old bits of soap in the shed to use when required. Although I seldom use them now mostly relying on nature to rebalance itself.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts