Cookers in caravans

May 3, 2005
Visit site
Hi, Please excuse me if this has been asked before this is my first time on here.

At the moment we own a Swift Corvette van made in 1989, old but well looked after. This was bought just over a year ago to see if we liked the hobby (and we just love it). Time to look at a newer van now. My question is do any models at all come without the oven? I really do not see the point of them, who wants to go away for a week/weekend and cook a roast? We use the hob and grill but would never use the oven, we have a microwave. Cook eat,clean up and back out site seeing or whatever. At the moment our microwave lives under the hob/grill in what was a cupboard, all vans we have looked at have an oven and no space at all for a microwave. Is it only me that think these folks who design vans are missing something?

Please if someone has come across a van that has space for a microwave even if it has a waste of space oven as well can you let me know about it.

Many thanks

Glyn.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi Glyn

Try the Bailey Discovery range. They come with a hob and grill but no oven:

http://www.bailey-caravans.co.uk/discovery/features.htm
I don't know if there is room to fit a microwave where the oven would go, I expect that you could get one to fit though or at least put one on a work surface.

There are other makes available as well so look around at a few manufacturers websites. I think that some of the continental 'vans are more microwave orientated rather than oven which seems to be a Brit thing.

I know what you mean though about not wanting an oven. Our last caravan was a Bailey Beachcomber and it didn't have an oven. The extra storage space and the amount of weight saved is far preferable to us than having an oven that gets used a couple of times in the week. I think that it should be an optional extra on most models rather than a standard fit.

Incidentally you've asked this question in the 'Website' section that deals with feedback and comments on the Practical Caravan website and forum. You'd get a better response from the 'Equipment & Accessories' or General sections.

May 3, 2005
Visit site
Thankyou Mick and Lutz, I will do some looking around. I must say that the wife and I do like the look of the Bailey range. Sorry about this being in the wrong section I only joined the forum last night. I have a lot to learn :)

Once again thankyou for your help.

Glyn

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts