Cornwall, this site is a hidden gem.

May 24, 2014
Visit site
The site in question is Lower Polladras, near to Helston and Porthleven. We found it by accident when some considerate soul double booked our CL pitch, which we had booked and paid for twelve months in advance. We arrived to find we had no pitch.

The people at Lower Polladras got us in at an hours notice and we have been going regularly since. Now, heres the wink, if you book low saeson, which is April to mid July, and September to january, it is £73 per week with hookup or £63 without.

So what do you get for your money, its a small site, secluded and very sheltered, and very well cared for. The toilet blocks are up to the lower end of caravan club standard but are always utterly spotless. Small shop, 16 amp electric, grass and hard, or combi, takes smaller motorhomes, some of the lanes are tight. We figure we can stay for three weeks late June/July for the price of one week at CC. The owners are great and extremely helpful, there are some seasonal pitches and three luxury statics. All in all, highly recommended, and I can be on the fussy side.

There is storage too for a few vans.

http://www.lower-polladras.co.uk/index.php

Apr 3, 2010
Visit site
Looks great. We tried using the ACSI card in Cornwall in Sept this year. Found a lovely site near Porthtowan - Porthtowan touring park. I would rate the facilities every bit as good as a CC site but only £10.50 per night with hook up. I think there were only a dozen vans on site and it was bliss. v friendly and also does storage for less than half the cost around here. I think the price without the ACSI card was still only £11.50 a night.

May 24, 2014
Visit site
Have also used Porthtowan a lot over the years, its another site we particularly like. Probably a slightly better site if you have children though there really isnt much in it.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts