cornwall which and why?

Oct 28, 2006
Visit site
For the site we love Hendra at Newquay,understandable alot of people dont like Newquay these days comparing it to Blackpool with its stag do,s.Ive ever come across these but we dont venture of site at night time.My reason - we have three children ranging from 4months to 7 years old.The conditions are A1, the entertainment is A1 too.The kids love it.
As for beechs im not sure on that one,maybe Looe,nice harbour,lots to do,boat trips,plenty good enough for us.

Apr 28, 2011
Visit site
we live down here and yet to find a bad site, we have yet to venture outside the county, as for beaches to me they are all much the same
smiley-laughing.gif
full of sand and see.

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
Jo-anne
Surely your own campsite book can answer this for you!
smiley-laughing.gif

As a good all round package with good facilities Polmanter, Halsetown St Ives takes some beating.
There are also some good CC sites worth using but not with the luxury you probably enjoy at Hillhead.
Where I have just been is , for us the best all round , location , price etc. I'm not prepared to divulge this little gem on here!!
smiley-wink.gif

Beach wise, a lot in the summer ban dogs.
One of our favourite beaches is Caerhayes beach by the Castle of the same name. Has a small cafe , toilets and is a real sun trap. Dogs allowed.
Carnon Downs was also very good at Christmas but you have been there.

I noticed a really pretty wild camping place between Mullion and The Lizard but it had no facilities other than a water tap.

Oct 30, 2009
Visit site
hi all.
not really got a favorite site most in cornwall are very good any way, allthough like DD we have a few very small well equipped cheaper sites in our little scrapbook and like DD thats where they are staying
smiley-cool.gif
allthough we dont like the hustle and bustle of the magnet areas we tend to go a little of the beaten track and believe me there are some gems out there,

favorite place probably LOOE but BUDE and ST AUSTELL a very close second and third,

Jun 6, 2009
Visit site
Have a look at Trevornick its come very high in the top 100 awards for the past few years that I know about, great kids clubs 10am to 12 good entertainment on the night for kids and adults . Great beach near by, but it is 2 min car ride or a good stroll of the legs if you are a teenage and above. Have a look at there web site. been there 4 years on the trot and would have gone back this year but with mine starting school the price was a little too high for peak season for us, so trying places in North and south Devon
Topshelf

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts