County Antrim, Northern Ireland

BryonySymes

Administrator
Mar 11, 2013
Visit site
Hello all!

Does anyone ever venture across to Northern Ireland on the ferry? Or is there anyone in the ROI or Northern Ireland that tours around the Emerald Isle's shores?

I'm researching a feature about touring in County Antrim and hoped you could point out some good places for a stop-over? What are your favourite things to do, as well?

I'd really appreciate your help!

Nov 19, 2010
Visit site
Sorry, can't help on this one Bryony. We've thought about it lots of times, but the cost of the crossing is always far more than the Channel, so we keep heading South!
Hope to hear from some who HAVE done it through.

BryonySymes

Administrator
Mar 11, 2013
Visit site
I can understand that - there are just so many places to go! The more I read about the coast and glens of County Antrim, though, the more I want to see them.

BryonySymes

Administrator
Mar 11, 2013
Visit site
Sadly, not this time, but I can always pitch it as a cover feature! And then there are holidays. Plenty of opportunity yet.

Nov 19, 2010
Visit site
I'm in the middle of reading about your adventure in the Black Forest with Claudia - VERY envious of that one!
But it looks as if she's doing all the driving - was this trip before you passed?

BryonySymes

Administrator
Mar 11, 2013
Visit site
I'm glad you enjoyed the feature!

We had a caravan with us as well, and I was driving that. It was before I passed my B + E, but I was okay to tow the tiny Eriba that we took on that trip.

It was an amazing area and I highly recommend it! Especially Baden Baden - there are some great restaurants! And the views from the castle (Altes Scholss) above the town are spectacular.

Jul 28, 2008
Visit site
I was recently discussing the cost of the ferry crossings to Ireland with someone who does the trip fairly regularly. We'd like to go, but as you say, the ferry prices are ridiculously high. However, whilst it probably won't help you Bryony, Ruth said that she always uses Tesco vouchers to reduce the ferry costs, as Stena accept them.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts