Couple of Drips....

GAS

BANNED
Jun 5, 2015
Visit site
Just a quick one ... Recently informed our forum about my new to me 2019 Swift Challenger 560. Most probably my last in my life caravan. ( there's a thought :rolleyes: ) ...

As expected was a dream to tow and so far a dream to own with all the new Swift tech that many other Swift owners have taken for granted.

Started off not so good once on my sea view pitch exposed to the elements. Van came with a new power cable so as you do water sorted , waste trolley all set up then plugged her in ... Nothing ! No power after fluffing about in panic and cursing the Dealership found out the cable had tripped the caravan main fuse . So used my own second cable which I had , reset fuse box and Bingo all systems go. Still to check the new cable it may have just been finger trouble.

My main concern and again new to me tech is one of those raise yourself manual omni tv aerials . Raise it , twist lock it then turn the angle with "yon wee handle" don't know what the technical term is . Anyway day 3 we are getting battered by 50 mph wind and rain and to my horror noticed that water was dripping down the " yon wee handle" probably coming from the omni internal pole. Not good.. ! To be fair a few drips but we all know where that can lead to. So will have to investigate and maybe a Warranty issue. Apart form that amazing and feel very lucky...

Van is going back down in a month to get put on a seasonal. With the price in fuel and living steadily increasing have worked it out it is cheaper to site that travel over this season plus I like it down there.....

GAS ...:cool:

Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
Just a quick one ... Recently informed our forum about my new to me 2019 Swift Challenger 560. Most probably my last in my life caravan. ( there's a thought :rolleyes: ) ...

As expected was a dream to tow and so far a dream to own with all the new Swift tech that many other Swift owners have taken for granted.

Started off not so good once on my sea view pitch exposed to the elements. Van came with a new power cable so as you do water sorted , waste trolley all set up then plugged her in ... Nothing ! No power after fluffing about in panic and cursing the Dealership found out the cable had tripped the caravan main fuse . So used my own second cable which I had , reset fuse box and Bingo all systems go. Still to check the new cable it may have just been finger trouble.

My main concern and again new to me tech is one of those raise yourself manual omni tv aerials . Raise it , twist lock it then turn the angle with "yon wee handle" don't know what the technical term is . Anyway day 3 we are getting battered by 50 mph wind and rain and to my horror noticed that water was dripping down the " yon wee handle" probably coming from the omni internal pole. Not good.. ! To be fair a few drips but we all know where that can lead to. So will have to investigate and maybe a Warranty issue. Apart form that amazing and feel very lucky...

Van is going back down in a month to get put on a seasonal. With the price in fuel and living steadily increasing have worked it out it is cheaper to site that travel over this season plus I like it down there.....

GAS ...:cool:
I would think it is definitely a warranty issue so notify the dealer about it as soon as possible. More than likely the boot on the roof has perished allowing water in although it should be well sealed in that area.

Reactions: GAS
Jun 16, 2020
Visit site
I agree, a warrentee issue, mine has been problem free. bet its just a seal change.

Do you have the amplifier with the meter built in? I find that works very well.

John

Jun 16, 2010
Visit site
You only need to turn the handle to change between horizontal and Vertical alignment.

Of course, you may be aware of this and I'm making myself sound like an ass!

• Haha

GAS

BANNED
Jun 5, 2015
Visit site
I agree, a warrentee issue, mine has been problem free. bet its just a seal change.

Do you have the amplifier with the meter built in? I find that works very well.

John

Yes JC ... Power amp with a low to high gain switch which gave me instant HD Ready Freeview. I also take my Amazon stick which actualy found the free on site wifi but need a small key board to put in the Site Password. Just used my Hot Spot via my phone fantastic reception.... Contacted the Dealership today but looks like a long wait to get it Booked in... The joys ...

GAS ....

Jun 16, 2020
Visit site
Yes JC ... Power amp with a low to high gain switch which gave me instant HD Ready Freeview. I also take my Amazon stick which actualy found the free on site wifi but need a small key board to put in the Site Password. Just used my Hot Spot via my phone fantastic reception.... Contacted the Dealership today but looks like a long wait to get it Booked in... The joys ...

GAS ....

Fire stick plus phones works great for us. I Velcro'd it to the back of the TV to save messing around at setup.

John

Jul 18, 2017
Visit site

GAS ....
Remind them that you are still within the 30 day period from delivery to reject the caravan and you want the issue resolved before more damage occurs. That will probably get their tiny minds into gear. Not a good dealership if they put you to the back of the list on a new purchase.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts