Cover for Thetford glass top oven.

Jan 31, 2018
Visit site
If you fancy a bit more workspace and want to protect the top of your Thetford oven the £10 IKEA bamboo chopping board lamplig is a nice fit. A bit like Bailey now do. I've put felt underneath to stop scratches. £4 p n p if like me you don't like shopping.

Jun 16, 2020
Visit site
We just use a piece of rubberised shelf liner. No good for prep, but good to store on and relieve space on the pre area. Our issue might be where to put a ridged thing when using the hob. And we cook quite a bit. Our van came a sink insert. we keep that in the loft.

John

Reactions: JezzerB
Jun 16, 2020
Visit site
It looks really good, just discussed with OH. This would work for us except for storage, but we could leave the never used table at home and use it’s slot. Even a weight saving, win win. But IKEA is 25 miles away 🥴

Great suggestion, thanks.

John

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
If you fancy a bit more workspace and want to protect the top of your Thetford oven the £10 IKEA bamboo chopping board lamplig is a nice fit. A bit like Bailey now do. I've put felt underneath to stop scratches. £4 p n p if like me you don't like shopping.
When they are next in stock will get one for our caravan thanks for the tip (y)

Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
It is probably cheaper and simpler not to carry anything in the cupboard above that could fall out and crack the glass hob. With our Buccaneer we find that we have ample space for a work surface as only the two of us. There is a picture of the board on Facebook if the OP wants to post a link.

Mar 27, 2011
Visit site
We use a kit that’s cheap and cheerful and useful to protect the glass hob, it’s a microfibre cover the un folds to cover the glass lid and comes with a rack to use as a stand for plates etc when washing up, give you lots extra space when washing up in the van, keeps the hob clean and protectected and all for under £5

Jan 31, 2018
Visit site
It is probably cheaper and simpler not to carry anything in the cupboard above that could fall out and crack the glass hob. With our Buccaneer we find that we have ample space for a work surface as only the two of us. There is a picture of the board on Facebook if the OP wants to post a link.
We wanted more preparation space. It's not to protect it from things falling out. More cutting and slicing. I like a bigger work surface.

Jan 31, 2018
Visit site
We use a kit that’s cheap and cheerful and useful to protect the glass hob, it’s a microfibre cover the un folds to cover the glass lid and comes with a rack to use as a stand for plates etc when washing up, give you lots extra space when washing up in the van, keeps the hob clean and protectected and all for under £5
Yes had thought of doing it that way round as the Buc drawing board is a bit small. ! Might do that the other side and dispense with the plastic drainer

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts