Cover or uncover...

Oct 11, 2005
Visit site
Just a quicky....

I'm new to caravaning, and considering the hot weather we're having, I'm debating whether to continue to cover my caravan. I have a mid-80's van, and I've noticed the roof is clearly expanding in the heat, causing small gaps above the storage lockers and the partition wall for the loo compartment. I tend to leave the van under cover for it's own protection, but could I be doing it harm?

Jan 21, 2014
Visit site
We had a the misfortune to own a Sprite Musketeer which had been kept in an open barn, this was back in the early eighties.

It was about five years old when we first bought it, and the wretched thing leaked like a seive. The whole caravan had dried out that much, there was gaps in the roofing panels, which of course went undetected when we bought it.

We tried numerous times to reseal the roof, which meant replacing the interior roof as well, after about three useless attempts, we gave up, and got rid of it.

IMO I would never buy another caravan that had been kept under cover, it's best to leave it to the elements.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts