Cover up or not. Whats your views

Jul 20, 2009
Visit site
Well its that time of year again

Misses says thats it too colded and wet to go anywhere

so we will do the winter thing.

Anyway Im toying with the idea of a cover but before i do go out a blow a £100 on a full cover i just wanted find out what the general ups and downs of these covers

Anyone out there got pro's and con's they want to share

Mel

Mar 17, 2007
Visit site
We've got one. Never used it. Keep thinking we'll put it on after the next time... BUT after the next tme I want to go again, so we'll put it on after the next time.......

mel

Mar 4, 2006
Visit site
I've used a Protec covers on our past two caravans with no problems.

If it helps to keep the dreaded damp away, it's money well spent.

Feb 16, 2009
Visit site
We use one as we have found the van gets real grime on the roof from surrounding trees over the winter period which take a good morning to get it off, takes just

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
One more expense , one more hard job. Not for me. If caravans needed covers then surely the makers would give you one free?

We use our Senator all year round so a cover would be a waste of time .

Cheers

Dustydog

Aug 4, 2004
Visit site
Why do people think that acover rfpevents the dreaded damp? The floor area in your caravan has so many vent holes that allows circulation of damp air, a cover or even salt is not going to help. IMHO covering it will keep in the damp.

Dec 14, 2006
Visit site
We've just covered ours up - not a difficult job at all, best part of fifteen minutes with two of us - and it was only a cheap and cheerful 'standard' cover, not made to measure. If it keeps our van a little cleaner it will have been worth it, as cleaning the van can take several hours after a long wet winter.

Hopefully it will also keep the worst of the rain off the van - and prevent major water ingress happening whilst we're not looking.

Oct 8, 2006
Visit site
In response to Dustydog and Nick...

We use the caravan all year round, but the cover goes on mainly in the autumn. Because the van is stored close to trees, the cover keeps it clean and free of pine needles, leaves and moss. It only takes 10 to 15 mins to put on. So no, it is not a waste of time or money.

PS: It is a fitted Protec cover.

Dec 30, 2009
Visit site
We used a protec fitted cover on a caravan a few years ago off it came after winter and had small scratches to the window, it was cleaned ect befor putting on. I got rid and never used one since, besides we now caravan all year round, what a waste wrapping it up for 3/5 months

Kevin

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts