Covid -19 latest.

Page 6 - Passionate about caravans & motorhome? Join our community to share that passion with a global audience!
Status
Not open for further replies.
Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
Flu jabs are routinely offered to elderly patients and those with chronic health conditions by GPs surgeries.
The majority of patients accept the annual flu vaccine, not because of and sense of competition or because of the state of their immune system.
The flu jabs are meant to preserve hospital beds for patients with more serious health issues.
The NHS has a finite number of hospital beds, which could become unavailable if they were occupied by flu patients in the winter.
I presume that the Covid vaccination could become an annual offering from GPs to the same patient demographic for the same reasons.
Don’t forget the drive for NHS staff also to have the flu and covid vaccines as there's no point in having beds available but even less staff to support them. The staffing problems are well known even in normal times, civid and flu only exacerbate them.

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
Having taken immunisations for all of my working life, cholera, Heppatitus, yellow fever, tetanus , meningitus, tablets against malaria, i find taking another couple for flu and now covid , nothing new. And I am willing to take them.

Mar 14, 2005
lutzschelisch.wix.com
Sceptic and cynic all in one day. 😱
I'm sorry if it appears like that, but I'm not prepared to go along with everything that somebody may say that it would be good for me just for the sake of it. Being advised to have a jab every three, six, nine months or whenever is not good enough for me. I would want to know what the implications are to me personally for each alternative first and in quantifiable terms. How much worse off will I be after stopping after 3 vaccinations, bearing in mind future developments in the effects of the virus? I would then decide for myself which road to take, regardless of any blanket advice across the board.

Last edited:

Parksy

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
I'm sorry if it appears like that, but I'm not prepared to go along with everything that somebody may say that it would be good for me just for the sake of it. Being advised to have a jab every three, six, nine months or whenever is not good enough for me. I would want to know what the implications are to me personally for each alternative first and in quantifiable terms. How much worse off will I be after stopping after 3 vaccinations, bearing in mind future developments in the effects of the virus? I would then decide for myself which road to take, regardless of any blanket advice across the board.
Do you imagine that none of us have considered the potential implications of being vaccinated?
I can't speak for anybody else, but I never do anything because somebody told me to, I find as much information as I can before taking any major step.

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
I have first hand knowledge of the devastation Covid has caused. A young mum died leaving three kids behind . Two older people in our Town caught it and never recovered after months of anguish. Having the vacs is a no brainer in my book.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
I can't agree with the idea that suggests the vaccination is only being offered because the shots have been purchased, and it would be a costly waste to not use them. When you look at the costs of actually administering them, against letting them just go to waste, it would defy even government's twisted logic to spend more just to save face.

The balance of informed medical opinion is the vaccines such as those available in the UK do improve the outcomes of those who receive them, by either helping to prevent them becoming infected, or helping to significantly reduce the severity of an infection.

The above opinion has been based on statistical analysis of both medical trials and historic results of many hundreds of thousands of people who used reporting processes. However we all know to get an averaged figure that deviates from 100% indicates there must some instances where there is no beneficial effect, but such instances must be in a minority.

I believe the efficacy of the Covid Vaccines used in the UK, are all above 75% which for any mass medication is considered to be a resounding success. Whilst there are some people who may be at an increased risk of being harmed by a vaccine, but the administration does manage to screen attendees to clinics before that vaccine is administered so the numbers of people who are harmed by a vaccine is well below 1in 10K .

There could be reasons why the UK's experience is not mirrored elsewhere, But in the UK the vaccine protocols have definitely improved the situation.

Mar 14, 2005
lutzschelisch.wix.com
I have first hand knowledge of the devastation Covid has caused. A young mum died leaving three kids behind . Two older people in our Town caught it and never recovered after months of anguish. Having the vacs is a no brainer in my book.

How can cases that probably occurred some while back and about which we know little or nothing about the circumstances that led to death, give us any indication as to if and how often further future vaccinations are necessary, bearing in mind rapid developments in the strain and impact that new variants of the virus may have? One hears less about severe cases that lead to hospitalisation or worse in connection with current strains than before.

Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
It is strongly suspected by us and others that our daughter died of brain haemorrhage in 2021 as a result of the Covid vaccine,, but we still have the vaccination.

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
How can cases that probably occurred some while back and about which we know little or nothing about the circumstances that led to death, give us any indication as to if and how often further future vaccinations are necessary, bearing in mind rapid developments in the strain and impact that new variants of the virus may have? One hears less about severe cases that lead to hospitalisation or worse in connection with current strains than before.

Reactions: Dustydog
Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
I’d rather hedge my bets and err on the side of caution, than take a risk that could wipe me and my family out.

Reactions: Buckman
Mar 14, 2005
lutzschelisch.wix.com
I’d rather hedge my bets and err on the side of caution, than take a risk that could wipe me and my family out.
If someone could give me an indication how big that risk for me personally is, I would go along with that. For the time being I will continue to observe social distancing and avoid presence anywhere where there are congregations of people. That's one reason why I'm caravanning instead of staying at a hotel and avoiding eating out in a restaurant at the moment. It's much easier to steer clear of others.

May 7, 2012
Visit site
My daughters friend is a senior medical officer in a hospital. She knows the subject backwards and she is convinced the current program is correct. Frankly with her knowledge and background I can only say I would take her advice before any brainless upstart and those arguing against the jab are simply deluded. If that seems too strong look at it this way the risks of problems are minimal but getting it wrong can be fatal or leave you with long term serious disabilities. I have yet to hear a sensible argument against it.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
I don't think there is any need for name calling.

Presently in Western Europe I believe the vaccines are not mandatory and so its down to personal choice whether to have it or not.

I personally think the vaccines should have been compulsory except where there are medical reasons not to.

A things stand, Lutz is entitled to his opinion on the subject.

Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
I don't think there is any need for name calling.
A things stand, Lutz is entitled to his opinion on the subject.
No post in this thread has done any name calling so not sure about your reference to name calling?
Anyway surely it is up to the Mods to decide whether there is any name calling? :unsure:

Reactions: Dustydog
Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts