Crablake farm CL devon

Oct 30, 2009
Visit site
thanks LB did that last night the video is quite good but a bit short, it was filmed in 2007 2years after the amenities block was built, dont suppose it's that new now however there seems to be plenty of room and it's a nice clean site.
I still dont know where the fishing is he has not answered yet!! may send another one in case it did not get through.
I was hoping someone had been there and could gie us some local info it,s not a area we have been to before just passed through it on our way to somewhere else.

Jan 19, 2008
Visit site
Try ringing them.
I wouldn't think the fishing is up to much by the sounds of it. Just crabs
smiley-undecided.gif

I've just looked at Google maps and can't see a fishing pool on the site and that's probably why it wasn't mentioned on the video clip. If there was fishing Armcher would have mentioned it. The nearest seems to be the link that Sproket gave.

Oct 30, 2009
Visit site
hi guys
thanks for the info it is really usefull, found some reviews on a southwest camping web sites sounds really good allthough not cheap for a CL it is comparable to a small commercial and of course there will only be 5 vans on it when full. loads of space as it stands in about 1acre.
the link Sproket gave is for a good fishery about a mile away there is one closer south view fishery within walking distance that also looks fine, and the guy (who wrote to me today) said it was free fishing on the canal that runs along the side of the farm, however as the closed season does not end untill the 16th of june I may miss out on this,
all in all I think it looks a good package for us and will book ASAP subject to holiday slots at work
smiley-cool.gif

It is at times like these I regret not staying retired as I want to go next week, and stay till september
smiley-cry.gif
smiley-cry.gif

Oct 30, 2009
Visit site
Gabsgrandad said:
From my fishing days Colin, canals are classed as closed waters and are not subject to a close season. I think?
hi Sir Gab,
some are, some are not,? it depends on local by laws, around here: if the canal is a closed waterway ie does not connect to a river it's open if it does it's closed.
I do know that the canal in Bude is closed untill june, and so was the bridgewater canal when we went there a couple of years ago both are in the south west water area. I do not know if the Exeter canal is the same but assume it is.

TRENDING THREADS