Cracked front window

Dec 2, 2018
Visit site
We have a cracked front window on the inside, it’s about 3 inches long can anybody suggest what glue to use , and will I have to drill holes each side of the crack. Thanks

May 24, 2014
Visit site
I have heard of but never used a product called "creeping crack cure". I understand its suitable for the outside panels of the caravan but may be a temporary repiar for the window.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Captain-Tolleys-Creeping-Crack-sealer/dp/B003T6EJ9A
Liquid sealant/adhesive with exceptional penetrating properties
Travels deep inside the narrowest of cracks before making a waterproof seal
Traces and seals leaks caused by hairline cracks in the home, boats, motorhomes and vehicles
Quick and easy to use - no dismantling of parts required
Dries transparent and flexible

Cant recommend it as I have no experience of it.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Thingy said:
I have heard of but never used a product called "creeping crack cure". I understand its suitable for the outside panels of the caravan but may be a temporary repiar for the window.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Captain-Tolleys-Creeping-Crack-sealer/dp/B003T6EJ9A
Liquid sealant/adhesive with exceptional penetrating properties
Travels deep inside the narrowest of cracks before making a waterproof seal
Traces and seals leaks caused by hairline cracks in the home, boats, motorhomes and vehicles
Quick and easy to use - no dismantling of parts required
Dries transparent and flexible

Cant recommend it as I have no experience of it.

I have used it, and yes it is highly penetrative, and it does almost dry to transparent. It wont make a plastic widow crack disappear, and I'm not certain it it would dry completely when used on a plastic to plastic joint

Feb 6, 2009
Visit site
I have used Captain Tolleys Creeping Crack Cure on boats (GRP... Glass Reinforced Plastic and wood) for donkey's years and it's excellent stuff... I don't think it's ever let me down ( so far!)
However it's main use is to seal "small" gaps using its "creeping" ability (capilliary action) so don't expect it to seal large gaps.
Usual disclaimers, and of course Happy Caravanning to all.
Regards
paws

May 7, 2012
Visit site
I doubt a totally satisfactory repair can be made. Depends on the age of the caravan but I would look at replacing the window by googling caravan dismantlers and seeing if you can pick one up cheap.

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
I have never used the glue stuff but as others have said It is supposed to be good stuff, and yes, you will have to drill both ends of the crack to stop it from spreading. Just a small hole 1/16th of on inch drill should suffice.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts