Creaky floor on 2020 Coachman VIP 520

Jul 10, 2021
Visit site
Due to lockdown, van only used 6-7 times yet has developed a loud and annoying floor creak when walking past the fridge towards the oven. You can find the sweet spot and get it to creak at will. The van is still under warranty so unsure if this is something I should return to dealer for, or if its a DIY thing I could try myself. Any suggestions more than welcome, thanks.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Contact your dealer. If you attempt to repair the problem you are quite liekely to invalidated your manufacturers warranty.

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
Contact your dealer as it is under warranty.

On our Coachman two years ago it developted a creaky floor. It turned out to be the side panels on the side benches, the screws had come loose, almost a turn on all the screws, creaking disappeared.

Reactions: otherclive
May 24, 2014
Visit site
Are you sure the creak is the floor and not from the furniture. I have had the same issue whilst on site. Remedy was simple. I took the creaking panel apart and was able to see the rub marks. Over these marks i applied a silicon based window tape to both panels, approx 2 sq inches. Silent now.

If as Hutch suggests that its furniture to floor fixing screws causing it, a smidge of locktite will prevent them from working loose again.

Reactions: Hutch
Jan 7, 2007
Visit site
I had the same issue on our Elddis. Turned out I had put too much force through the corner steadies when I put them down. I’m much more gentle now and no more creaking. Might be worth lifting the legs and see if it does it then perhaps.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts