Credit cards in Italy

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hello everyone

I know that credit cards are not widely used in Germany, I had to pay cash for site fees, supermarket and restaurants etc. Only fuel stations took payment with plastic.

In August we are off to Italy (Ca Savio) and as we have not been to Italy before we need to know if we need to take a load of cash with us.

Thanks

Al

Jul 31, 2010
Visit site
I have just got back from a 6 week trip to Lake Garda and venice, I Had no problems with credit or debit cards. Just let your banks know before you go.

Have a great time, I did.

Steve W

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi there Big Al

he opnly problem we met with cards was trying to withdraw larger amounts from the machines.....they would give a message which shows your card to be at fault....just try to draw out smaller amounts.

Have a good time at Ca'Savio

Apr 1, 2010
Visit site
Credit cards and Direct Debit cards are taken in Germany and at ATM's in Germany and Italy as long as you have Mastercard it is Visa they will not take. Just come back from 3 months out there.

Dianne

May 13, 2006
Visit site
I have just got back from a 6 week trip to Lake Garda and venice, I Had no problems with credit or debit cards. Just let your banks know before you go.

Have a great time, I did.

Steve W
Hi Steve. I noticed you said you'd been to Lake Garda. Were looking to go to Lake Garda next August (2009) I just wondered where you stayed or if there was somewhere you could recommend. We were looking at a park thats good with kids as we have an 8 Year old with us

Jul 31, 2010
Visit site
Hi Wendy.

We stayed at Camping San Franseco near Desenzano at the bottom of Lake Garda. All in all a very nice site and although we do not have kids, the ones we saw did seem to be having a good time. The ran a club for the little kids and had full time staff entertainig them. I don't know about teenagers, they are and allways have been a complete mystery to me.

I hope this is of some help to you.

Steve W

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts