CRIS document

Jan 17, 2008
Visit site
I am aware that you have to carry your driving licence,vehicle registration document and insurance details but is it esential to also carry your CRIS document when travelling in Europe?

Clive S

Aug 4, 2005
Visit site
Clive,

Don't know if it is essential or not but I have always taken mine with me anyway. I leave a photocopy at home just in case I lose the original that way I have all the info I should need for getting a replacement.

I don't know if other countries have the equivalent of cris although I believe some have a type of registration for caravans. It is at least some form of proof of ownership if required. I have never been asked for it nor have I heard of anyone else being asked to produce it.

Robert

G

The main reason I carry a COPY is to get the telephone numbers and have the relevant data in the event of a catastrophe, and the van is nicked. So do not keep it in the van.

Jul 2, 2008
Visit site
I keep scanned copies of our passports on immobilise.com That way I can always get the details from anywhere that has an internet connection. I haven't taken the car or caravan abroad since I started using the site, but it stikes me as a good idea to keep a copy of driving licence, vehicle reg document and CRIS document on there as well. It's completely free.

Cheers

Mick

Aug 16, 2006
Visit site
I keep scanned copies of our passports on immobilise.com That way I can always get the details from anywhere that has an internet connection. I haven't taken the car or caravan abroad since I started using the site, but it stikes me as a good idea to keep a copy of driving licence, vehicle reg document and CRIS document on there as well. It's completely free.

Cheers

Mick
is it safe to keep a copy of your passport online? would it not be possible for criminals to intercept it and clone your passport?

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts