Crit'Air sticker

Nov 2, 2005
Visit site
:rolleyes: hi folks

trying to order the sticker for driving through France mainly Rouen. Stumped at the hurdle I got as far as vehicle type M1. Now I have to choose Euro standard Problem is my V5 looks nothing like their example of where to find it.

Can anyone tell me how I find it please
:unsure::(

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
:rolleyes: hi folks

trying to order the sticker for driving through France mainly Rouen. Stumped at the hurdle I got as far as vehicle type M1. Now I have to choose Euro standard Problem is my V5 looks nothing like their example of where to find it.

Can anyone tell me how I find it please
:unsure::(
Try this link it also gives tax and mot status. Just used it and found out my car is untaxed and I haven’t had a email reminder or letter. Oops. 😱

Jul 15, 2008
Visit site
.....are you on the official French government website?
They will want a photo or scan of your V5 before they issue a sticker.
Here

Last edited:
Oct 8, 2006
Visit site
The OP should be using
certificat-air.gouv.fr
which self translates into English. You will also need a scan (if you have a scanner) of the front cover and inside front page of your V5C document.
You will get a reply almost by return with a temporary Certificate - the official sticker should arrive in less than a week.
Incidentally, the instructions for fitting the sticker are a bit confusing. Just interpret it as that it can be seen/read by an official standing in front of the middle of you car, and to be compliant in the UK (in terms of stickers) it must be fitted in an area of the windscreen that is not wiped - a.k.a. an unswept area. Before fitting, wipe the desired area with meths to remove any grease - or use Windowlene cream to the same effect. Then warm the certificate with a hair dryer or heat gun, and the same to the inside of the glass where you are fitting it. Doesn't need to be hot, just tepid, but when warm, once in place it will stay there. It is related to the vehicle so it stays in place when you sell the vehicle.

Nov 30, 2022
Visit site
I think the instructions are that the crit air sticker must be placed on what is the UK drivers side in the bottom corner of the windscreen (well thats what I recall from my last stickers instructions) That being the French nearside so it can be easily seen by any enforcement official when stood on the pavement checking passing traffic or walking along the pavement checking parked cars. A theory that seems to have a bit of logic behind it.
That's where I have positioned all of mine anyway.
Never bothered warming the sticker or the glass, but I have ensured the glass is clean.

Oct 8, 2006
Visit site
I was of the same mind Andy, so I mailed the issuing body as fitting it low down on one side my put it in the swept area which in the UK is technically illegal. The issuing body replied by return and confirmed that the requirement was that it could be seen by an official standing anywhere in front of the car.
Simples?

Nov 2, 2005
Visit site
The OP should be using
certificat-air.gouv.fr
which self translates into English. You will also need a scan (if you have a scanner) of the front cover and inside front page of your V5C document.
You will get a reply almost by return with a temporary Certificate - the official sticker should arrive in less than a week.
Incidentally, the instructions for fitting the sticker are a bit confusing. Just interpret it as that it can be seen/read by an official standing in front of the middle of you car, and to be compliant in the UK (in terms of stickers) it must be fitted in an area of the windscreen that is not wiped - a.k.a. an unswept area. Before fitting, wipe the desired area with meths to remove any grease - or use Windowlene cream to the same effect. Then warm the certificate with a hair dryer or heat gun, and the same to the inside of the glass where you are fitting it. Doesn't need to be hot, just tepid, but when warm, once in place it will stay there. It is related to the vehicle so it stays in place when you sell the vehi

Wow, that's complicated losrme already so have I got right it has to go on windscreen? In the centre somewhere ? I'm gussing bottom front cenre, is that right? no wiper goes down can I not cellotape it inside at top centre ?

Nov 2, 2005
Visit site
I think the instructions are that the crit air sticker must be placed on what is the UK drivers side in the bottom corner of the windscreen (well thats what I recall from my last stickers instructions) That being the French nearside so it can be easily seen by any enforcement official when stood on the pavement checking passing traffic or walking along the pavement checking parked cars. A theory that seems to have a bit of logic behind it.
That's where I have positioned all of mine anyway.
Never bothered warming the sticker or the glass, but I have ensured the glass is clean.
like old tax disc here got it makes sense my french is not good 1 out of 10 lol

Nov 2, 2005
Visit site
I was of the same mind Andy, so I mailed the issuing body as fitting it low down on one side my put it in the swept area which in the UK is technically illegal. The issuing body replied by return and confirmed that the requirement was that it could be seen by an official standing anywhere in front of the car.
Simples?
So could I put it at top rhs and fix inside car ?

Nov 2, 2005
Visit site
The OP should be using
certificat-air.gouv.fr
Incidentally, the instructions for fitting the sticker are a bit confusing. Just interpret it as that it can be seen/read by an official standing in front of the middle of you car, and to be compliant in the UK (in terms of stickers) it must be fitted in an area of the windscreen that is not wiped - a.k.a. an unswept area. Before fitting, wipe the desired area with meths to remove any grease - or use Windowlene cream to the same effect. Then warm the certificate with a hair dryer or heat gun, and the same to the inside of the glass where you are fitting it. Doesn't need to be hot, just tepid, but when warm, once in place it will stay there. It is related to the vehicle so it stays in place when you sell the vehicle.
So if my sticker didn't arrive in time can I use the temporay certificate off email?

Nov 2, 2005
Visit site
thanks everyone I did it (wih that comment you must picture legally blonde ) :) :) :)

went on french site ordered Crit air wow very cheap charge. also did the survey at end I loved the "did you need help?) bit the answer wasbrill loved ones etc etc. socute what a brillint site way better than ours information easy to follow too. Just wait now had my first 2 emails fingers crossed I did it right.

Nov 2, 2005
Visit site
Yes, it is just a copy of the final sticker BUT you would have to print it in colour.
hi woodentop I have just had this email is there something I have to do or have missed ?

We kindly request you to find as attachment your invoice relative to the Air Quality Certificate order concerning the registered vehicle .
Your certificate will soon be sent by mail at the address indicated during your order.
In the wait , this invoice allows you to prove your approach and the classification of your vehicle.
Yours sincerely,

The Air Quality Certificate Service

what does bit in red mean?

Oct 8, 2006
Visit site
Don't worry about it - the time between the paper version arriving and the formal one from France is largely the time for it to transit the postal systems.
We changed our car in February and I applied for the Crit Air about two months later - it arrived in about four days. The German vignette (in my case issued by the Berlin local authority) took five days but included a weekend.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts