Crossways Caravan Club - Dorset - compost loos???

Oct 4, 2011
Visit site
Staying for the weekend at end of this month ... anyone 'used' the compost loos? Was it an horrendous experience or quite a pleasant one?? Thoughts please as a bit concerned ...
smiley-sealed.gif

PR

Aug 19, 2010
Visit site
We stayed there last autumn. The compost loo's are nothing to worry about! Better than many traditional loo's I have used. Remember you need the environmental fluid for you on board loo!
Site is convenient for the railway station. A couple of hundred yards. We used it to travel to Poole and. Weymouth.
Also the site can be a bit wet in places.
We shall be back there late September if all is well!

Oct 4, 2011
Visit site
We stayed there last autumn. The compost loo's are nothing to worry about! Better than many traditional loo's I have used. Remember you need the environmental fluid for you on board loo!
Site is convenient for the railway station. A couple of hundred yards. We used it to travel to Poole and. Weymouth.
Also the site can be a bit wet in places.
We shall be back there late September if all is well!

Sorry to be a bit vague but do you mean the pink and blue loo chemicals have to be different environmentally friendly ones? Thanks - Lisa

PR

Aug 19, 2010
Visit site
Yes the chemicals you use in the loo need to be ones that environmentally friendly. We use one called 'nature calls' which we get from go camping. It is no dearer than the blue and pink stuff. Sorry I cannot be more specific than that, as they are up in our caravan.

Enjoy your stay at Crossways!

Jan 19, 2008
Visit site
... and just to think that the salad you ate on the day of arrival on site you can buy back at reception on departure as a bag of compost for your garden.
Very eco friendly
smiley-smile.gif

Jan 19, 2008
Visit site
soldlisa04 said:
Stop it LB ... I am at work now and they are wondering why I am laughing out loud!!!
smiley-laughing.gif

Tell your work colleagues you are laughing because you've just hit upon a money making idea and ask them if they would like to be your part time sales reps, on a commission of course, selling tomato plants
smiley-smile.gif

Oct 4, 2011
Visit site
Hmmm work in a Primary school - could see a money making plan forming here with grown your own tomato plants for sale ... literally grow your own!

Oct 30, 2009
Visit site
Ah interesting topic, we have a local fishing lake that has had a composting loo for a few years now, and seems to work very well as long as the last occupier remembered to use the saw dust
smiley-surprised.gif

at certain times of the year there is bumper crop of WILD tomatoes and strawberries.
after reading LB's comments I dont think I will be partaking of the freebies this year though.
smiley-embarassed.gif

regarding using enviromentaly friendly fluids in the thetford loo been using them for years since we stayed at a farm site that had a reed bed sewerage system and was the only fluids allowed on site, I can confirm they are just as effective and cost little more than the blue stuff, and it is allways worth doing something to try and stop chemicals entering the water system.

Oct 4, 2011
Visit site
We've had to cancel our trip to Crossways this coming weekend as we just didn't realise how far it would be for basically a Saturday with the family
smiley-frown.gif
but we have managed to transfer the booking to the Cirencester Caravan Club site and intend to walk through the park into Ciren and have lunch with friends and celebrate OH's birthday. It will be our first trip out in van where we are not travelling with friends or meeting friends - it will be just the two of us ooer ...

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts