Crying over spilt milk

Apr 20, 2009
Visit site
Just thought I'd share an experience with you, which happened yesterday.

I'm currently a branch manager of a construction based office with

5 people based in the office and the rest of the lad's working on site.

Being in charge of the petty cash,the MD allows us tea, coffee, etc

But he has sat down and worked out that we use a pint of milk a day.I have admitted to having the occasional bowl of corn flakes

with HIS MILK, for breakfast. Now this is a big NO NO, You can use my milk for drinks but not for anything else.

Now I know we are in recession and money is tight but gee man has it really got this bad.

By the way I have offered to give him his bl!?!dy money back,and in future to take a FLASK.

One last thing,could I be done for theft??

Damian

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Yes you could, he supplied milk fo tea or coffee, not breakfast.

I know of one company who supplied their workers with laptop computers, for work .

4 people used their laptops to send emails to each other, they were sacked on the spot for "stealing server space for use on non work related issues"

May 25, 2009
Visit site
Hi,

A mate in the RAF was charged with theft ..... cos he "borrowed" a squirt of toothpaste.

A civilian mate was accused of mis-using Government recources .... he asked his staff to let him know if they came across anything that could be used in a book he was writing.

If somebody is out to get you .......

Feb 27, 2010
Visit site
there are many places of employment / work where you take your own milk,even others that provide vending machines and charge you for a drink.

There is no legal requirement to provide tea/ coffee making facillities... if it means that much to you take your own milk.

Aug 4, 2004
Visit site
Milk for corn flakes was a big NO NO at the company I worked for and was tantamount to theft. When I was a branch manager I certainly would not have allowed someone to use the milk for drinks on their corn flakes, but then again eating corn flakes at any other time other than a break is also theft as you are stealing your employer's time.

May 21, 2007
Visit site
I think your boss is a great boss. He pays for tea/coffee/milk, electricity for boiling water, probably allows you to drink at your desk( some companies don't).

If you and your colleagues wish to have milk for your corn flakes, start a kitty.

Apolagise to him immediately.

Apr 20, 2009
Visit site
Thank's for your response's guys, sorry I have'nt replied sooner been away for five nights. Looking forward to work on Monday taking a couple of pints of milk with me.

No its not meant to be sarcastic, Think I realise now that yes I should be grateful for the tea, coffee etc.(Ive had time to calm down and reflect).

Mar 18, 2009
Visit site
I think your boss is being a bit tight, im not sure if its a ltd company but he should be able to claim for his tea,coffee, milk, bicuits and toilet roll..

By the way Gagakev where did you go for a few days and was it good, and allso has anyone heard from mach?

Rab

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
At my work, the company provide milk for tea and coffee. However we have a 'coffee club' for the purchase of tea, coffee, sugar and dishwasher tablets. Most people put in something, ranging from

Apr 20, 2009
Visit site
Rab

Nice to hear from you again, not heard a peep from Mach,don't think he's on the naughty step though.Perhaps he is away all the time!!

By the way yes it's a Ltd Co.

Went to the Isle of Wight without the van, NEVER again. Cant say to much at the moment because I seem to attract problems at this stage in my life. We booked a fairly large site to keep the grandson happy and yes the site grounds were immaculate but lets just say at this stage I would'nt let an animal stay in the

accommodation we were first allocated.Just wrote to them in a bad mood.

But other wise we made the most of it and had a good time

Any way are you feeling better and back to work after your recent

accident?

Janet & Jason,

The downside is and I personally find it quite annoying that people do bring cereals in to work and eat them in works time at the desk

My tea breaks and lunch breaks are all unpaid so I eat them in my own time and not works time.I get paid 8 hours a day, start at 7.00am and finish at 5.00pm (if I'm lucky) so taking out my breaks (1 hour) I give him an hour a day. Now you got me thinking

perhaps he should supply the milk LOL

By the way no offence taken.

Mar 18, 2009
Visit site
I will be off my work for a good while i have a fractured foot, and i have just had my shoulder operated on, as the clavical bone was badly displaced,

im a wee bit bored and fed up, ive been seeing lots of folk out and about in there caravans, i have asked the oh if she would tow but she,s nae keen,

i was over on the isle of white last year its got a lot of stuff to do and some nice beaches.

Aye hopefully MH isnt on the naughty step or in the huff..

Parksy

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
Apologies for straying off topic, I hope that you make a speedy recovery Rab.

For those who are wondering about it Mac Highlander's membership of this forum was withdrawn by admin on 12 April.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts