Cushioned awning carpet.suggestions

Jul 30, 2007
Visit site
Hi.
We have a 390 porch awning and use a basic awning carpet but its not very soft to walk on.
Im looking for recomendations for a cushioned carpet to use over the top of ours.
Anyone have any suggestions please?

Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
Hi.
We have a 390 porch awning and use a basic awning carpet but its not very soft to walk on.
Im looking for recomendations for a cushioned carpet to use over the top of ours.
Anyone have any suggestions please?
Buy foam cushion tiles 50x50cm. Every now and then ALDE sell them in a 4 pack. You place them under the awning carpet. See HERE.

Jul 30, 2007
Visit site
They sound like a good idea.
Any mathemeticians here who could work out how many I would need?👍
Could then work out a price.

Also,we use the caravan table in the awning,are these foam squares too "spongy" for this?

May 7, 2012
Visit site
The carpet will ruin the grass on a grass pitch, but would be no problem on a grass free hard standing. On grass pitches many sites will either not allow the carpet, or insist that you lift it regularly to let the grass breath.
The problem though sounds to be one from using a gravel hard standing, as grass should not be a problem underfoot.

Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
The grass does turn yellow but soon recovers as the foam has holes in it however it is best on a hardstanding. Makes a lot of difference. Placing a cushioned carpet on top of the current carpet probably will have the same effect?

Oct 22, 2019
Visit site
We had a proper awning carpet to go with our Kampa awning, and to keep it clean, put down the ordinary awning mat first, but never again as found it used to slide about. Now use the foam mats with a picnic blanket over the top in our small vango awning for winter use.

Mar 17, 2020
Visit site
They sound like a good idea.
Any mathemeticians here who could work out how many I would need?👍
Could then work out a price.

Also,we use the caravan table in the awning,are these foam squares too "spongy" for this?

1 Measure the length and the depth of your 390 first - in cms. Multiply these two numbers together. Jot this number down.
2. Now divide this number by 250.
3. Whatever the result is divide it by 4.

You now have how many packs you need to cover your awning area.
Only thing left now is to check price of each pack and multiply by how many you need.

Good luck.

Jul 30, 2007
Visit site
Thanks for the replies.
If ive done my maths correctly,I calculated I would need 40 mats(sounds rather a lot)and about £72.

I suppose as you say,perfect for hardstandings, but we like the grass pitches.
Not too sure I would like to harm the grass underneath.(Good suggestion though......thank you).
I think I may go down the root of a cushioned carpet over the top of our existing carpet(maybe lift it every 4 or 5 days to let the grass breathe).
Thank you all once again👏

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
Thanks for the replies.
If ive done my maths correctly,I calculated I would need 40 mats(sounds rather a lot)and about £72.

I suppose as you say,perfect for hardstandings, but we like the grass pitches.
Not too sure I would like to harm the grass underneath.(Good suggestion though......thank you).
I think I may go down the root of a cushioned carpet over the top of our existing carpet(maybe lift it every 4 or 5 days to let the grass breathe).
Thank you all once again👏
These days we try and go for a hard standing with grass on the periphery. Even the breathable ground sheet still kills the grass. Agree the Aldi /Lidl plastic squares are brilliant.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts