Cushions for bed - which way round?

Jan 13, 2010
Visit site
I have searched for an answer to this question but can't find one so apologies if this has been covered already.

I have heard different opinions as to which way round I should put the lounge cushions when converting the seats into a double bed.

Should the cushions be placed with the back of the cushions facing up (i.e. all the cushions are reversed) or should they be placed with the patterned fabric face up?

I hope someone can shed some light on this for me!

Thanks

Jul 9, 2001
Visit site
To my view it depends on the van.

On our previous van it was more comfortable to turn the cushions and also have the backrests in the middle of the bed.

In our current van (Bailey Pageant S7), then most comfortable front bed for us is to just pull the cushions to the middle so the material is upwards and the knee rolls are in the middle of the lounge.

Oct 8, 2009
Visit site
At Easter we were away 6 nights and each night the bed was made up differently, by the last night I think we got it right all cushions upside down and we slept well. However next outing I wonder will hubby remember!! I do believe it is trial and error and eventually you will find out what is right for your van.

Oct 22, 2009
Visit site
Kel, we rotated our cushions daily to get even wear all round.I always put an old sleeping bag over the cushions before making the bed because I didn't like to feel the joins.But I am like the princess and the pea only fatter!!!!

TC

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
hi.

some manufacturers actually state in their user guide that cushions should be inverted when beds are made up.just wonder whether if that was the case,and some sort of warranty claim came about with cushion wear.....and you never turned them.....could they tell???

Feb 14, 2007
Visit site
In our last van we always used the cushion face down as it made it less bumpy, now with our Avondale it actually says to use them the right way up, with a sheet or blanket underneath to avoid condensation and after use each morning to stand the cushions upright to air them.

We do use them the right way up but we also use a duvalay on top, they are the best invention ever for us as I dont like sleeping bags. Quilt and cover zipped onto side of a covered memory foam mattress. just like sleeping at home with a duvet, the duvet is fixed on one side to the base so it cant fall off when you move and the memory foam mattress is soooo confy. All rolls up when not using it and the covers come off to make for easier washing. Not cheap but worth every penny.

www.raskelf.com/duvalay.htm

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
Hi We always invert our cushions, and put a duvet over them, and sleep on that. Just as well, during our Easter break, I was sitting up in the bed, with a cup of coffee. needless to say, I spilt it over myself the bedding and cushions. The spill was cleaned up as best we could, but there is a slight stain on the cushions, thankfully it is the back, so not noticed... oops!!!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts