Cycling Enthusiasts

Parksy

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
For those interested in buying an inexpensive but good bicycle to lose the Christmas weight in the New Year there is a limited time auction of ex police bicycles at Brightwells of Leominster which closes on Monday 18th.
Phone and internet bidding is available and lots can be seen Here

Nov 6, 2005
Visit site
There's probably lots of bikes for sale on Ebay in the London area now - where 5 cyclists have been killed in the last 9 days http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-24936942

Parksy

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
Yes, terrible and just before Christmas as well. Some parts of London are dangerous for car drivers, so I'd hate to be a cyclist given the impatience and poor driving standards that most of us see on the roads. It's true that some cyclists ignore the Highway Code and put themselves at risk but no one deserves to die because of stupidity.

Aug 4, 2004
Visit site
Parksy said:
Yes, terrible and just before Christmas as well. Some parts of London are dangerous for car drivers, so I'd hate to be a cyclist given the impatience and poor driving standards that most of us see on the roads. It's true that some cyclists ignore the Highway Code and put themselves at risk but no one deserves to die because of stupidity.

Without wanting to start a motorist vs cyclist debate, I don't think any one knows the details of the accidents and whether it was the motorist or cyclist at fault. Unfortunately we have seen some cyclist do some relaly stupid things, but luckily they are in a minority but they give others a bad name. The one thing that I hate is cyclists in pedestrian areas or on pavements who whizz in and out of pedestrians. Their cycles should be confiscated and put up for auction to the general public!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts