cyclone fuel saver

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Has any one fitted a cyclone fuel saver ,as advertised in the october caravan club magazine .Its a device that fits in the air intake pipe that accelerates the air to fuel mixture .I was wondering if any one had fitted one and what were the results?,also how much are they? . Coljac

Damian

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Coljac, the Cyclone fuel saver is "possibly" only of minor brnefit to non turbo cars, it is of no use whatsoever to cars fitted with Turbo's.

I say "possibly" as all it is , is a non powered fan which fits in the air intake to manifold pipe and spins as the air passs through it, and will only spin as fast as that air, whereas a turbo , being powered, forces more air into the chamber.

There is no validated data about fuel savings with this item fitted, and for the

Damian

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Coljac, the Cyclone fuel saver is "possibly" only of minor brnefit to non turbo cars, it is of no use whatsoever to cars fitted with Turbo's.

I say "possibly" as all it is , is a non powered fan which fits in the air intake to manifold pipe and spins as the air passs through it, and will only spin as fast as that air, whereas a turbo , being powered, forces more air into the chamber.

There is no validated data about fuel savings with this item fitted, and for the

Oct 1, 2005
Visit site
Has any one fitted a cyclone fuel saver ,as advertised in the october caravan club magazine .Its a device that fits in the air intake pipe that accelerates the air to fuel mixture .I was wondering if any one had fitted one and what were the results?,also how much are they? . Coljac

Thats strange thats exactly what the venturi in a carburettor does.????

Ive tried a few of these little power increase devices over the years, never found a single one to make any noticable difference.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
They "work" by causing turbulence which in turn gives a more uniform mixture which is good for economy. Most engines have swirl built in to their manifold / inlet tract design so any benefit from Cyclone would be marginal at best and detrimental at worst.

They cost about

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts