Daewoo Korando or Musso

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi

these come up occasionally on eBay and seem good value for money - plenty of power and weight to pull a reasonably heavy 'van.

Does anyone have any experiences, good and bad, before I risk a bid.

Jul 12, 2005
Visit site
A neighbor has a musso. Its petrol and is gas converted. He is well pleased with it. I asked him how easy it was to get parts and his reply was that the engine etc are from a common European 4x4 and they are easy to get. Sorry, can't remember what one he said it was from

Steve

Nov 1, 2005
Visit site
I think you're right about the Mercedes engines Brian. I have a friend who had a petrol model and it was fine. The only experience I have of a diesel model is the one on the pitch next to me at Pitlochry a few years back. The car was fairly new at the time but I remember the guy starting it up and sitting with his foot on the go pedal at about 3000rpm with thick black smoke belching out the back for a good five minutes before he set off. It didn't really impress me, but that's only one car.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi Ken - I used to own/tow with a Y Reg Musso TD. Loved it to bits and would still have it but for the costs of parts/servicing. They are indeed a great towcar - except for hills when they quickly lose power! Had to change down quite quickly! Loads of room and comfortable. Loads of "kit" also. Engines are indeed Mercedes licensed, but a little basic, and will go forever.

Hope this helps!

John

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Thanks for the replies.

In typical style, I have changed my mind and traded our 2002 diesel Vectra against a 1994 Toyota HiLux Surf 3.0tdi. Fresh import from Toyota main dealer in Japan with certified 74k miles.

Can't wait for 1 February when we collect this around the same time as we collect our Pageant Burgundy.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi,

I have owned a Musso 2.3 GLS Manual for five years and it is still going strong. The engine is a licenced Merc unit and is the Merc 4 cyl E111 Unit. As far as parts go they are readily availabe from the 3 Ssang Yong dealers in my area of Cheshire.The only thing to go wrong in recent years was the water pump bearing started squealing and this was at the time on back order with Ssang Yong. Went to the local Merc Dealer who had one on the shelf as the water pump had the original Merc numbers on and it cost 65.00. Other than that and a battery the vehicle has been great. Tow a 1400 kg Elddis and no problems. Kitted up and the MPG is not too bad.

Rob

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts