Damage Barton or Willingcott?

Aug 17, 2005
Visit site
Hi Folks

Has anyone stayed at either of these North Devon sites and if so, comments please? Looking to spend a week at one or t'other in August. Many thanks, Dave.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
We stayed at Damage Barton a few years ago with 2 teenage boys. We all enjoyed our time there. The boys were able to play ball games in the evening in the large central area between the CC site and CC&C site. We were on CC side. Facilites were up to usual standards, hardstanding was ample size for car, caravan & awning.

The beach is nearby, long sandy and dog friendly. Very hilly so cycling was not so good. Nice walks along cliff top path, through farm. Friendly staff.

Aug 25, 2006
Visit site
The stunning views across the Bristol channel mean it`s Damage Barton for me. We`ve been several times over the past 17 years and it`s always excellent.

Spacious pitches, good walks, always very clean. One of my favorites, just watch for the C&CC `vanners walking up to the CC toilet block `cos it`s nicer!

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Stayed at Willingcott last year and it is a very nice site, up to usual CC standards. Visited Damage Barton while we were there and next time I would choose Damage Barton for the reason Angus stated the views are stunning across the Bristol channel. Take the awning tie down kit though as we had some strong winds blowing in off the sea.

Nov 19, 2006
Visit site
Dave, stayed at Willingcott last summer in August, usual cc standards would go there again which is a good sign.

Can be very windy in this area as you are on the top of the cliff/hills!

Handy for the main roads into Woolacombe Ilfracombe back to Braunton etc etc

If you use Willingcott aim for the left side as you drive in as the park is up to the right and thats why the kids "hangout" unless you want that off course.

Chris

Aug 17, 2005
Visit site
Dave, stayed at Willingcott last summer in August, usual cc standards would go there again which is a good sign.

Can be very windy in this area as you are on the top of the cliff/hills!

Handy for the main roads into Woolacombe Ilfracombe back to Braunton etc etc

If you use Willingcott aim for the left side as you drive in as the park is up to the right and thats why the kids "hangout" unless you want that off course.

Chris
Cheers Chris, I'll remember that. We've booked Willingcott this year but will look at Damage Barton for next year. Many Thanks. Dave.

Aug 17, 2005
Visit site
The stunning views across the Bristol channel mean it`s Damage Barton for me. We`ve been several times over the past 17 years and it`s always excellent.

Spacious pitches, good walks, always very clean. One of my favorites, just watch for the C&CC `vanners walking up to the CC toilet block `cos it`s nicer!
LOL. Cheers Angus.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts