Damage to caravan side

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
During the recent bad weather our porch awning collapsed and resulted in some slight indentations on the side panel of the caravan. Although these marks are not to bad, as the caravan is a 2004 model we would like to get these repaired. My question is what type of repairs are normally carried out on caravan panels ? Can the marks be filled and repainted as you would do on a car or what other techniques can be used.

I know this post seems a bit vague but I thought I would try and get a few views from the forum before approaching caravan repairers and insurers

Dec 24, 2003
Visit site
Hello James. We bought a brand new caravan in 2002.Whilst in Spain I noticed a section of the side panel was "different" to the rest when parked in the sun.On inspection, I found that it had been filled and painted(at the factory).It was a very good job.So yes dents can be filled and painted,BUT, would you be able to tell? A friend of mine had his awning collapse resulting in a new side being fitted. They glued a new panel on top of the old(insurance job).

Damian

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
James, you do not say what material your van walls are made of, aluminium or Glassfibre?

If its Aluminium maybe one of the mobile vehicle dent removal businesses can help, using suction cups to pull the dents out.

if its Glassfibre, then its a different problem, which will need repair using suitable products to fill the dents and finish with a matching gel coat

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi James, I damaged the side of our van a few weeks back. Two small dents about the size of 10p piece. Ours is a new van so I got a quote for an insurance repair.

Oct 1, 2005
Visit site
You can call in a local scuffs & dents repairer, the one who does our stuff is very good, he tries to end the spraying at a window or decal as much as he can.

If he cant & has to end in the middle of a wall, u can see the overspray line, nothing can be done about it.

Some get rounds for the odd small dent is moving or adding a reflector or adding a decal etc.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Thanks for the info everyone quite helpful. Local dealer has now looked at the damage and will repair under insurance. Currently awaiting quote so I hope insurance company will accept.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts