Damaged pins on new blind

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
We took delivery of a new cassette blind for the rear of the van this weekend. I noticed that how the blind works is a small round pin that has a right angled piece of plastic at the end. I assume the right angle piece of plastic (which is very small) stops the blind moving from side to side and hence elimintates the issue of the pin coming out of the slot if slightly off centre? The two pieces of plastic on the main blind are completely bent (as received) and I fear will snap off if I try and straighten? How important are these for the assembly (I am only guesing above on what I think they are intended for)? Should I request another new blind? Or Will it be OK wihout the upright on the pin....hope this makes sense to anyone who has studied a blind and knows how they work?

Thanks P&R

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi again I've just had a look in the van and if you mean the pins at each side of the lower end of the roller then I think that they are needed to be undamaged.

They are available as a spare (I have some in the spares dept!)

You can easily fit them without removing the blind once fitted.

You just have to push one side of the blind up in the track so that the blind is diagonal and they just pull out of the end

You could try it to see if the blind worked without the end bits of the pins and if not just get the dealer to post the small bits to you.

It would cost them less (and you)than returning the whole lot.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Brilliant John thanks for that info. Sounds like I could actually take the pins out of the damaged blind that I am replacing and use them. I will also ask the dealer to send me the bits (bit concerned though) took 5 months for the blinds to turn up and when I asked for a set of front grab handles for our abbey the parts guy produced was 1 rear grab handle (which of course is nothing like a front handle) so our confidence level kind of dropped on Saturday! Oh and we are still awaiting the front locker lock replacement also ordered 5 months ago...(all bits we found faulty after taking delivery of the van which I assume should of been picked up on the PDI check)! Still, I won't name and shame as they have been great for other aspects and we are very very happy with the caravan.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
My spares dept is in the side locker of the van etc and seems in demand on Rallies etc.

Glad to help.

Replacing the blind as per your other question is the reverse of removal but try not to lose the tension.

In the Ace(same group as Abbey) handbook it tells you how to re-tension with the screw on the side.I had to replace the front blind on our van without needing to re-tension.

Harringtons seem to give quicker service than you have received.

The blind I fitted to my rear window had to have the sides cut to length but I imagine that you just need to replace the roller.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts