Damp in Bathroom HELP!!

Apr 5, 2006
Visit site
WE bought an ABI Jubilee in September its a 1992 4 berth, only cost us £1000, however since then we have been offered a friends caravan which was much newer and better and a good price so we bought that one.

Anyway, problem is now we are trying to sell the Jubilee but on closer inspection last week we discovered that the bathroom is damp 2 quite large patches. Obviously now the van won't sell, we were unaware of any damp when we bought it, and I did sell it on Ebay for £2000 but the guy didn't complete the transaction due to the damp. So without the damp the van would be worth £2000. What do we do - is it easy to fix the problem and where do we start? Or would it be better to have a proper repair job done on it, I'm worried now because we need this van sold due to storage problems (it is stored in a field.) and I'm worried about the damp getting worse and we lose all our money. Any advice gratefully received - we are new caravaners only done it for a year!

Sep 26, 2006
Visit site
You have two choices.To repair the caravan and then sell it, or to get a price for the job and knock that off the selling price.If you're needing to get rid quickly then do the latter, but if you have the time and the money then sort the job. From reading a lot on this forum there always seem to be people looking for cheaper vans they can do some work on so as long as people are aware of the damp I'm sure you could sell it sharpish. Just one warning, don't be tempted to sell with the damp made aware to people before you have a quote as the buyer could well make out it is worse than it is and try to knock you down.

Good luck.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts