Damp Problems

Nov 28, 2005
Visit site
I purchased a new lunar caravan some time ago in its 2nd year; I found damp that was so bad the screws holding the latches on the windows had rusted away. All the one side of the van was damp. Yes that's a caravan two years old. We should not let this happen; I believe this happens a lot for whatever leason. But if we spent £20.00 on a cheep damp meter which after all, is a small amount compared to the cost of a caravan, and checked for damp. We would be able to take the caravan back and get it rechecked putting the seller on notices you are not happy with their standard of work. Hopefully this feed back to the manufactures and would higher there standards. And save us a lot of money.

Nov 6, 2005
Visit site
Always ask these questions first. Why is this person selling this item? If it's so good why aren't they keeping it? If it's so good why isn't there a queue of other customers waiting to buy?

If I was buying a second-hand caravan from a dealer, I'd want to see a full service history with a recent damp test, less than 8 months ago.

I'd want to see a damp test for a "new" dealer stock caravan.

If I was buying a second-hand caravan privately I'd want to carry out a damp test BEFORE agreeing to purchase.

If any of those things weren't available, I'd walk away and look elsewhere.

I suspect that too many people are carried away in the euphoria of a potential purchase to apply basic common sense. Until that changes, it'll remain a seller's market.

Caveat emptor - let the buyer beware.

Nov 28, 2005
Visit site
Always ask these questions first. Why is this person selling this item? If it's so good why aren't they keeping it? If it's so good why isn't there a queue of other customers waiting to buy?

If I was buying a second-hand caravan from a dealer, I'd want to see a full service history with a recent damp test, less than 8 months ago.

I'd want to see a damp test for a "new" dealer stock caravan.

If I was buying a second-hand caravan privately I'd want to carry out a damp test BEFORE agreeing to purchase.

If any of those things weren't available, I'd walk away and look elsewhere.

I suspect that too many people are carried away in the euphoria of a potential purchase to apply basic common sense. Until that changes, it'll remain a seller's market.

Caveat emptor - let the buyer beware.
Very good advice and should not be forgotten.

Hi, i may be wrong but shouldn't your caravan of two years old be still covered by warrenty , i maybe wrong , or read your posting wrong , but don't Lunar do a three year water ingress warrenty as standard ?

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts