Data Plate, Coachman Caravans.

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
Can any Coachman owners, and preferably a 2013 560/4 , check for a data plate in the gas locker, I have searched my VIP 560/4 for one and can not find one, I have contacted Coachman and they say there should be one in there /or nearby.
Thanks folks

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
EH52ARH said:
Can any Coachman owners, and preferably a 2013 560/4 , check for a data plate in the gas locker, I have searched my VIP 560/4 for one and can not find one, I have contacted Coachman and they say there should be one in there /or nearby.
Thanks folks

Bit of a long shot but has your van had a new front section? The repairer may have omitted to replace the plate.

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
otherclive said:
EH52ARH said:
Can any Coachman owners, and preferably a 2013 560/4 , cheeck for a data plate in the gas locker, I have searched my VIP 560/4 for one and can not find one, I have contacted Coachman and they say there should be one in there /or nearby.
Thanks folks

Bit of a long shot but has your van had a new front section? The repairer may have omitted to replace the plate.

Good try, OC, no front is Original, It went back to coachman for a new rear panel. Other than that nothing replaced, I have had it since new.

May 7, 2012
Visit site
If Coachman do not know where they put it, then I can only assume they have no specific place for it, which looks odd but is about par for the course with caravans. There must be a fair chance that they forgot to fit it.

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
:pinch:
Raywood said:
If Coachman do not know where they put it, then I can only assume they have no specific place for it, which looks odd but is about par for the course with caravans. There must be a fair chance that they forgot to fit it.

This was Coachman's reply to me,

Dear Mr Hutcheon,

Thank you for your email

I believe there is on/near the gas locker door

I hope this helps

Regards,
Amy McIntosh
Aftercare Administration
Coachman Caravan Company Limited

Email: amy@coachman.co.uk

Jun 2, 2017
Visit site
Hi
Mine is a 545 and a year older than yours but mine (and 3 friends vans) all have the plate just behind the entrance door. Consequently you can't see it if the door is open but none of us have one in the gas locker.
Hope you find yours
Mike

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
Scorpy said:
Hi
Mine is a 545 and a year older than yours but mine (and 3 friends vans) all have the plate just behind the entrance door. Consequently you can't see it if the door is open but none of us have one in the gas locker.
Hope you find yours
Mike

Thanks Mike, I had a 2010 545 VIP and don't remember seeing a data plate in the front locker either. My 2013 has a data plate just aft or the main door, in the place you state, with MTPLM, and tyre pressures etc.
Hopefully migwht get a few more Replys.
Hutch.

Mar 14, 2005
lutzschelisch.wix.com
EH52ARH said:
Raywood said:

Dear Mr Hutcheon,

Thank you for your email

I hope this helps

Regards,
Amy McIntosh
Aftercare Administration

What an unprofessional reply! Surely Coachman have technical drawings where the exact location of the plate is defined to the millimetre, albeit with a reasonable tolerance of a few millimetres in both directions. If they don't have that their quality control department wouldn't be able to check whether the plate is applied correctly. It doesn't say much for the company if they don't observe the basics. Heaven only knows what else they don't check if they don't even bother about the easy things.

May 24, 2017
Visit site
Lutz said:
EH52ARH said:
Raywood said:

Dear Mr Hutcheon,

Thank you for your email

I hope this helps

Regards,
Amy McIntosh
Aftercare Administration

What an unprofessional reply! Surely Coachman have technical drawings where the exact location of the plate is defined to the millimetre, albeit with a reasonable tolerance of a few millimetres in both directions. If they don't have that their quality control department wouldn't be able to check whether the plate is applied correctly. It doesn't say much for the company if they don't observe the basics. Heaven only knows what else they don't check if they don't even bother about the easy things.

I have a couple of similar responses from Ms McIntosh. It seems her bedside manner could be improved. ;) ;)

Dec 4, 2018
Visit site
dsolds said:
Lutz said:
EH52ARH said:
Raywood said:

Dear Mr Hutcheon,

Thank you for your email

I hope this helps

Regards,
Amy McIntosh
Aftercare Administration

I have a couple of similar responses from Ms McIntosh. It seems her bedside manner could be improved. ;) ;)

If this is the same Lady as I spoke to re my upgrade she couldn't have been nicer.

Can I suggest you send an email saying it is missing can they help?

I'm sure they will.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts