Daughter had an accident

LMH

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Just waiting to get a lift home. My daughter was hit full on in the eye at school by a shuttlecock (freak accident). She's on her way back from the eye hospital with her dad.

It's looking quite serious, she has a bleed behind the eye which they are worried about. They could not assess whether her eyesight is damaged due to the amount of blood behind the eye.

She has four different lots of eye drops to take. She has to go to the eye hospital each day for at least a week. Total bed rest for at least a week. No reading, writing, computer etc.

Poor girl. I hope she's going to be ok, I'm very very worried.

Lisa

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Cor, I bet that's painful. But Lisa, she's young and don't forget that youngsters are much more resilient than Mums and Dads.Keeping her down when the pain starts to ease might be your biggest problem! (I hope!)

Dec 16, 2003
Visit site
It B----- well hurts. I know first hand !

Keep an eye (sorry) on any swelling that might start around the eye. It is quite common for people to be alergic to some eye drops ! Straight to a Doc if it starts swelling to much.

Aug 9, 2005
Visit site
How awful, and painful, I hope your daughter will make a quick and complete recovery.I am cringing at the thought of the pain she must have felt. Bless her.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hope Emma gets well soon. They say that babies bounce, seems like teenagers need to be bomb proof. When will the hospital know if there is any further damage, Lisa?

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Lisa,

So sorry to read your post and obviously you will be worried until you get further news.Ido hope that no permanent damage has been done.

All the best

Maureen.

May 25, 2005
Visit site
Hi Lisa

Sorry to hear about your daughter's accident. I have only just come back online. I see that she isn't able to do much at the moment (reading, computer work, etc.). Try giving her a pair of headphones and put on some of her favourite music - it might just help. Hope she feels (and gets) better very quickly.

Ann

LMH

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi

Many thanks for the well wishes, it's appreciated.

Had a big scare at 2am on Friday morning, we had to take her back in to hospital as she was screaming with pain. The eye department was closed but they bleeped a sister from the eye clinic and she took us up to the department and examined Emma. She then said she would like the doctor to see Emma so she phoned for him to come in. He arrived at about 4am.

He gave her a thorough examination and said the intense pain Emma was experiencing was due to inflamation of the eye (thank goodness, it wasn't a build up of pressure). He said we did the right thing by taking her back in. Anyway, he prescribed three different types of eye drops and took the previous ones off us. One lot of drops she has to take each hour till further notice.

We went back today and the bleed inside the eye (not behind the eye as I originally said) has stopped now and the prognosis is good.

But gosh, she has been so lucky. She has to see the doctor at the hospital again on Wed next week and she'll hopefully be allowed to return to school in a week or so.

Lots of people slag off the NHS (me included) but I can't praise them highly enough.

Thanks again for the well wishes.

Lisa

Dec 16, 2003
Visit site
That's really great news.

Hope she make a full recovery with no more discomfort!

What did I say about eye drops? Very very common for them to have alergic reaction and cause inflamation and swelling!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts