Dealer Specials

Jan 2, 2006
Visit site
Maybe this in the wrong area ,however a friend has bought a 'Safari' from a dealer in Blackpool and understands it is based upon an Abbey Aventura(now Vogue) however I think it is based on the Swift Charisma does anybody know the answer,also he lives near Derby and bought it from Blackpool as he thinks that is the nearest place to get a special based on this van,again I am sure there are dealers nearer that do specials based on either the Abbey or Swift.Any info appreciated.

Jan 2, 2006
Visit site
Hi,

We are currently looking for a new van, I like the Abbey Vougue, the wife likes the Swift Charisma. As Mark and Sharon say the vans are the same, just a different colours for interior furnishings and a different badge.

p.s i think we'll get the Swift.

cheers Steve

Jan 2, 2006
Visit site
Hi all yes I know they are both from the same group but are not the same,as you say Steve they are different internally and often in spec if they were the same why are you undecided on which to have.Also if they were the same the manufacturer could save loads of money by only producing one or the other.I have a Vogue GTS but it is not the same as the Swift.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi all yes I know they are both from the same group but are not the same,as you say Steve they are different internally and often in spec if they were the same why are you undecided on which to have.Also if they were the same the manufacturer could save loads of money by only producing one or the other.I have a Vogue GTS but it is not the same as the Swift.
I am not sure you are completely correct. The Compass Omega and Elddis Oddessy ranges are exactly the same, the only difference being the badging and predominently red furnishings in the Eldiss and green in the Compass. Explorer group produces both Elddis and Compass and must have made a commercial decision to keep both going.

Oct 28, 2005
Visit site
The only difference between models of the same level and price in the swift group range are colours of trim. They use the same internal layouts and all bar wood finish and trim they are identical. We have just bought a Freestyle and wanted to have the Microwave removed so all Lowdhams have to do is take a door off one of the standard Aventura models and put it on the microwave locker. If they used one of the other models as a base they would have just picked the door off the base model the dealer special was based on. I know this is correct as we have been through all of this with a couple of dealers who tried to treat us like idiots and luckily the guy at Lowdhams knew how they are actually built and the real differences and treated us like we were real people who had done our homework for once instead of talking down to us and sucking air every time we said we wanted something doing our way. In the end we got a really good deal and paid less than even the price of the base model without any delivery charge! Bargin!! Luckily I am in the motor trade as an importer for motorsport So I know the margins dealers tend to work on!! LOL.....

Oct 28, 2005
Visit site
OOPS.. I put Aventura...It is based on the Vogue. My mistake. It was an Aventura when we started looking but obviously it is now called the Vogue.

Jan 2, 2006
Visit site
Rich and others perhaps it is my fault that I did not phrase the question properly.The point I was trying to make was given that a dealer special based on either a Charisma or Vogue are similar I cant get my head round my friend travelled 130 mile to buy one from Blackpool when I am sure there are other dealers nearer that sell the 'same' vans,which is why I asked do you know of dealers nearer to Derby who sell specials.As a point of interest my current van is a Vogue GTS 416 which I bought from Lowdhams and the one before that a Freestyle also from Lowdhams and I can not speak highly enough of them,in fact my friend I thought was buying a Freestyle from them and then he didnt.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts