delamanation

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Thank u to the twelve people who responded to my problem with floor delamation. I took my van to an inderpendant dealer for an inspection and report to be done this is what he found,body and walls not fasterned to chassis at front end ,both sides of van had bowed making the furniture come away from the walls,hole in floor were the electric cables go in to the caravan , inside the van a 40%damp reading was measured dueto the hole not being sealed ,a dent repair done on nearside of van which we were not told about steady legs out of line.after numoros phone calls to chichester caravans and lunar ,solictors trading standards ,chichester caravans are now going to fully reinburse our money.thanks to everyone for the advice and time to reply

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Well done Darren. Its good to hear of a just outcome. It a real shame you had to go through the exercise but the end result is good. I for one would like to read how you went about it, what hurdles you came across, How did the Tradings standards and CAB help. Will you approach another purchase in a diffrent way? Yuor experience could be a valuable tool for others. How about it?

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Darren, I think your story would make a good article for inclusion in PC.

PC never have articles about how manufacturers and dealers behave when there are faults, in your case major ones.

I believe this is where PC falls down, it is now basically a glossy sales / touring magazine.

Have you considered writing an article and sending it to them, with supporting information of course?

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
I am beginning to wonder about Lunar caravans.We have had a thread on this forum where howling gales are coming through over ventillated vans.Our friends have a Lunar (2yrs old) and a steady went through the outer skin of the floor as it was not fixed to the chassis in the tried and tested way but fixed onto the thin outer skin !!

Aug 4, 2004
Visit site
Darren, obviously as we are both in the same area can you supply the name of the independent dealer who checked your van as I may interested in having my van checked just in case or point us in their direction.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts