depature times

Apr 11, 2005
Visit site
Hi

Does anyone know of any sites that dont have any specific departure times? Anywhere in the uk, have only found one "lowther park" in the lakes,on fridays hubby gets home at three so would be nice to have all day sunday before setting off home !

Thanks

Tina :)

Apr 11, 2005
Visit site
Be lovely if they did - but any we've used want you off by midday.
hi john www.lowther-holidaypark.co.uk

no set time to leave on day of departure !

one price covers ALL people,awnings,electric etc !!

looks a really nice site, dont think I should be broadcasting it though.!!( its the only one i've found so far!)

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Tina,If you ever get down to Stratford-on Avon you will find thatRiverside Caravan Park will not turf you off site till 4pm ish on a sunday,its a nice park right alongside the river,plenty to see in and around Stratford.Good Luck Jim.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
The majority of sites tend to want you off the pitch far too early on a Sunday. Most weekend caravanners leave work on say Friday evening rush off for the weekend getting to the site at around 5.00 p.m. to 7.00.p.m and then have to leave on the sunday anything from 10.30 a.m. it would be greatif you had to be off by say 4.00 p.m. at least you would have most of the sunday away.

I can understand that in the very busy periods July/Aug then it is fair enough but most of the year very few caravanners arrive on a site on the Sunday and it would not cause any problems if we stayed until say 4.00 p.m.

I stayed at Oakdown near Sidmouth, Devon over the last Mayday holiday and we could stay until about 2.00 pm we were asked if we would like to put a donation in the charity box (CLIC) which was a good idea.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi

We have found most campsites want you off by 12.00 noon! which I agree if you are only there for the weekend does nomake a relaxing Sunday morning as you are worried about packing up in time! The caravan Club are one of the worst. We are going to Lickpenny near Matlock in Derbyshire next weekend and for a small supplement (

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi

We have found most campsites want you off by 12.00 noon! which I agree if you are only there for the weekend does nomake a relaxing Sunday morning as you are worried about packing up in time! The caravan Club are one of the worst. We are going to Lickpenny near Matlock in Derbyshire next weekend and for a small supplement (

May 4, 2005
Visit site
Have been to Lowther Park and it's a lovely site. Lots of Red Squirrels its part of a conservation area for them! Staff really friendly. We are definetly going back!

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Here at The Plassey Leisure Park (a 5 Star quality park, also a member of the Best Of British) we allow you to stay until 6.00pm on a typical day......leaving you with plenty of time to relax & enjoy yourselves before setting off back home.

The only time when the departure time is by 12.00noon is during the busy periods of Bank Holidays and July & August.

I look forward to seeing you here at my Park!

Kind regards,

John Brookshaw

Managing Director

The Plassey Leisure Park

www.theplassey.co.uk

May 4, 2005
Visit site
Here at The Plassey Leisure Park (a 5 Star quality park, also a member of the Best Of British) we allow you to stay until 6.00pm on a typical day......leaving you with plenty of time to relax & enjoy yourselves before setting off back home.

The only time when the departure time is by 12.00noon is during the busy periods of Bank Holidays and July & August.

I look forward to seeing you here at my Park!

Kind regards,

John Brookshaw

Managing Director

The Plassey Leisure Park

www.theplassey.co.uk
John B - Had a look at your website, looks good! I've just sent of an enquiry for August.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi Tina - The topic of staying after the official departure time is very analagous to having to vacate your room at the end of a holiday and having to depend on the hotel for a courtesy room to freshen up before flying off back home and all of us have experienced having to vacate hotel/B&B rooms by 10.00am on the day of departure and I don't see many moans about that.

The CC have rules like anybody else and if none existed where would we all end up. likewise if you or I turned up on a friday and found that we could not get on our booked pitch because someone was staying on would not we have something to say!!!

IMHO i beleive that most sites let you stay after 12.00 providing you have vacated the pitch you were on and moved to a area set aside for people who wanted to stay on. I have found most CC wardens prepared to let you stay after consulting there bookings and found that they were not fully booked for that time. regards and happy camping

Apr 11, 2005
Visit site
Tina,If you ever get down to Stratford-on Avon you will find thatRiverside Caravan Park will not turf you off site till 4pm ish on a sunday,its a nice park right alongside the river,plenty to see in and around Stratford.Good Luck Jim.
Brill!! Stratford is my favourite place,go every year !!

thats excellent news thanks !!!

Apr 11, 2005
Visit site
Hi Tina - The topic of staying after the official departure time is very analagous to having to vacate your room at the end of a holiday and having to depend on the hotel for a courtesy room to freshen up before flying off back home and all of us have experienced having to vacate hotel/B&B rooms by 10.00am on the day of departure and I don't see many moans about that.

The CC have rules like anybody else and if none existed where would we all end up. likewise if you or I turned up on a friday and found that we could not get on our booked pitch because someone was staying on would not we have something to say!!!

IMHO i beleive that most sites let you stay after 12.00 providing you have vacated the pitch you were on and moved to a area set aside for people who wanted to stay on. I have found most CC wardens prepared to let you stay after consulting there bookings and found that they were not fully booked for that time. regards and happy camping
I agree with the cc's rules completely,im fact the wardens on the site we've just been on said we could stay till late as the site wasnt booked up,would be good to go to one now and agin though where you are guarenteed to be able to stay as it would make the most of the weekend! have no problem clearing off at 12 if thems the rules !!!!

Apr 11, 2005
Visit site

"dont here any moans about that"

wasnt moaning,love the cc club,will make way for anyone, I am a polite caravanner !! just looking for alternatives which it seems according to these posts there are many !!

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Last bank hol we went to Cherry tree site at Sutton on Sea Lincs the leaving time for the monday was 6.00 pm. Its a great site we arrived on site at 8.30 on friday night, no complaints from the owners (Margaret and Geoff), Geoff heped us to reverse the van on to the pitch in minutes, toilet blok very clean can reccommend this site to all, but adults only i'm afraid

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Tina and all others who've responded - the best way to avoid strict departure times is to only use CL's - we've never been asked to leave a CL by the owner, and whenever we've asked if it's ok to stay later (which we always do) we've never been refused even in the peak season. On just 2 occasions we have had to move the van off our "pich", but that's all. CL's are much cheaper too, and nearly always in the heart of the countryside.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
I can see that there may be a necccesity to vacate piches by midday on a Sunday in busy periods but surely not all the time. There is a demand out there for pitches to be available from Friday evening until late Sunday afternoon. Some sites are recognising this and quoting a price for this. Some are, of course, money grabbing and want half of a day rate for 3 or 4 hours. It appears to me that the problem is not about vacating pitches for new arrivals, but money, because there's never a problem, unless during summer and bank holidays,if you offer to pay for the extra night.

Apr 11, 2005
Visit site
Hi Again

just to prove my point !! going away for bank hol weekend !Fri till mon, however cant check in fri till after 4pm and have to leave mon morn at 10am, thats fri and mon gone so have two days in theory for the price of four, needless to say wont be going here again,only did it coz new to the hobby,! have learnt alot since then, sites need to realise we are not stupid and act now or lose buisness!

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi Again

just to prove my point !! going away for bank hol weekend !Fri till mon, however cant check in fri till after 4pm and have to leave mon morn at 10am, thats fri and mon gone so have two days in theory for the price of four, needless to say wont be going here again,only did it coz new to the hobby,! have learnt alot since then, sites need to realise we are not stupid and act now or lose buisness!
Tina - in the days when vanning was not as popular as it is now and the application of the rule of departure was a lot liberal than it is now I have seen me arrive at my chosen site at around 7.00pm and found that a family had not vacated the pitch and had not even taken down their awning etc. stating they prefered to travel at night etc. would you accept that situation? it looks to me that you wish for the site owners to change the rules common throughout to suit your requirements and IF you beef about it long enough you may get the rule changed.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts